• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Connie Windshields, Part 2

slybonesjesse

Sport Tourer
Look through the windshield or look over the windshield? Seems like 99% of the responses here have been in the past look over it. But why? Seems like looking through it is so much more quiet. Seems like visibility is the obvious answer. Personally when I duck down and look throught my Cee Bailey it is not bad at all, expecially with the visor up. When its dry its a no brainer. When its wet visibility is not as good as looking over. But it seems if you could keep the rain beading off, like with rainx or something, then it would be ok. Why look over? Do all those Goldwing riders have it wrong? 2003 Concours, 49K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://mysite.verizon.net/slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

I try to set mine so that I am looking just about at the split. If I am slumping a bit I am looking through and wind is quiet. If it is rainy or I feel I just need to see better all I have to do is sit up with good posture and I can see over it easy with just a bit more wind noise. I have no edge molding and a Rifle system so I can hardly see the edge at all. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

One time I went through a big thermal change. The windshield completely fogged over in a second. Impossible to see through. Glad I could see over. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

Smithr has it right. Cut it down to where you can just see over in normal conditions and you can always duck a little if you are chilly. I cut about 3" off the rifle the PO had on my bike ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife Why is it that for evey 1 "making Bacon" there are 20 people eating the fat?

I cut down my Rifle so I can sit up straight and look over, or slouch and look through. I can recall several times when I got so much crap on it I HAD to look over. The fog problem is a recurring one, since I leave for work at 4:00 am, I often encounter fog, which even a good coat of Pledge can't fix, as it doesn't bead up enough to run off. I was on I-5 once sandwiched in between a slow driver up front, a tailgater behind, an SUV on my right, and an 18-wheeler to the left (my fault I never should have gotten in that position, and never have since). It was raining like crazy, and the crap flung up from the drivers of the 18-wheeler coated my 'shield until it was slighty less transparent than 1/2 inch plywood. I would have been in a real world of hurt if it was too tall to see over. Then it started hailing....... :p