• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Continental Conti Motion Tires

Just Cliff

Has anybody tried these on C14? At $180.00 a pair, if they'll last 4500 mi & stick I'd be happy.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
Has anybody tried these on C14? At $180.00 a pair, if they'll last 4500 mi & stick I'd be happy.

Depends on how you ride, I got 3000 miles out of two sets before I got tired of changing tires every two months. They do stick well though, I was happy with that part of them.

I started using PR3's and got 6300 out of two rear tires, so for close to the same $$$ I was am changing tires less

I ride alot of twisties at a slightly brisk pace. Is that 3000 per set or combined total?  You're doing better on PR3's than me, I'm getting 5200- 5300. PR2's were no better. I'm just wanting to cut my tire bill down some. 14 sets so far at an average cost of $300.00, that's $4200.00 for life of bike  :-\.

Cliff

Bought a set about a month ago for my C14...got 1750 miles on the rear tire and then had to replace it, front tire is doin ok with about 50% tread left. I wont be buying another set of these!

ChrisM said:
Bought a set about a month ago for my C14...got 1750 miles on the rear tire and then had to replace it, front tire is doin ok with about 50% tread left. I wont be buying another set of these!

I assume you're referring to the Continentals, correct?

If he is referring to the Continentails that answered my question. Fred I didn't think the Metzeler's were made in our size? Pretty sure I've checked on them before.

Just Cliff said:
If he is referring to the Continentails that answered my question. Fred I didn't think the Metzeler's were made in our size? Pretty sure I've checked on them before.

Cliff, BikeBandit lists the Metzeler Z8 in the OEM sizes for the C14.  I run a Metzeler 880 radial on the Wing and I think it's the best tire made for that bike.

Personally, I'm not putting any more Michelin PR3's on my bike. The rear wore out badly on one side, and they didn't last at all.