• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Coolant overflow relocate

Pete

Big Wheel
Okay, here's goes nothing. Has anyone ever relocated the coolant overflow bottle? I'm having to replace most of the fairing but am jonesing to ride, so I need ideas to move the bottle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pete, this is fairly common and done several ways. Google the idea and you should find several options. I was going to do it myself but never got around to it. David in Jax, FL COG# 7898 CDA # 2002 ZZR-1200 "Magic Carpet" 2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC "Luxury Couch"

Yes its not uncommon. I have even seen people get the stock bottle behind the battery with some mods. Others just build another bottle to suit. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

What would be the reason for, or advantage to moving the coolant overflow? Just wondering. Joe C 1968 Honda 160 Scrambler, Sold 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in 1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja 1999 Kawasaki Concours COG memb# 8645

A ninja 250 bottle fits nicely on the right side for non-cali bikes, I did this on my 01. Also have a 250 bottle for my 03 but it's a cali bike so have not got around to it, but yes very easy to do. Virginia Beach, VA COG 6517 03 Concours (9/11/04) 01 Concours (8/16/08) USN Retired

For me it's simply that I've sustianed damamge to my fairing. The Main upper section is fine but I'm having a hard time getting the lowers together. I think the bottle sitting out there looks pretty dorky and vunerable. Also, I think the engine exposed looks pretty cool. IMHO.

I think the reasons I have hear to move it are these. Can't read or refill it easy where it is. Clearing that area lets more of the hot air move below the engine a not at the rider. I am going naked and it looks bad down there. Am I missing any? Mine is stock and don't see the need to move it myself. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br