• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Coolest Rally in Florida 2/13 - 2/15 2009

jaxrider

Scooter
This rally will sell out by the end of December so register now if think you want to go. You can probably sell the registration to someone else if you do it a few weeks before the date. Go to www.bmwnef.org for more information. Print the registration form off the web site and mail with check to address on the form. I'm a COG member and also an AAD in the NE Florida region. I'm also a member of the BMW club of NE Florida (they let other brands in the club and like Concours). Their "Winter Rally" is a great event and the 26th annual event will be held on 2/13-2/15 2009 which is a Friday - Sunday. The event is held at Camp Blanding, located just east of Starke, Florida on SR16. Camp Blanding is a Florida National Guard training base and has hosted the event for many years. Your registration fee includes camping for 2 nights and dinner for 2 nights (bratwurst/hot dogs on Friday, cook your own steak (steak provided) on Saturday). A rally T-shirt is available as well for an extra charge. There will be several seminars included in the registration, usually BMW-centric tech talks, also international touring, riding seminars, with specifics TBD. Alcoholic beverages are allowed at the event and there will be campfire pits provided throughout the campground so that you can join many folks around a big fire with a relaxing beverage later in the evening. However if you are arrested for a DUI it is a federal offense since you are on a military base so don't do anything stupid. Registration is limited to 500 people and since it is a military base, photo-id's must be shown when entering the facility. No walk up registrations are allowed due to the security requirements. Feel free to PM, email or post any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. http://www.bmwnef.org/

As of 12/28/08 375 people have registered, leaving only 125 available. The registration is still open since the event has been moved back about 4 weeks from previous years. I've got a link to the web site and scrapbooks from the previous years: http://www.bmwnef.org/Scrapbook/scrapbook.htm