• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Coopers in Llano RTE 28 SEP 13 at 1PM

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
OK......lets get our fill of Coopers in Llano with a Ride to Eat on September 28th, 2013 at 1 PM! :motonoises:  :dance:

Here's the link to the Calendar for the event:

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=192113&mo=9&tDate={d%20%272013-09-04%27}

Please register for the ride on the calendar so we can get a count of attendees.

Parking lot is the meeting point for the 1PM luncheon and this is a RTE, although there is no reason you can't stay overnight and get in some riding if you wish.

We would like to see lots of folks from DFW, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston come join.

Craig

This event is not currently cancelled and it appears that the Austin/San Antonio riders will have an opportunity to RTE at 1PM and then head back before any widespread rainfall begins.

My plan was to spin the night and leave early Sunday morning to return to DFW, but that plan might require pontoons and some PFDs for my wife and I. I don't mind a little rainfall, but the route I want to take both ways has some low water crossings and is all rural once I get past Cleburne. Looks like a long 4+ hour wet ride home from Llano from a RTE so Pamela and I will not be attending. Hard to zig zag around storms in this scenario as the rain will be wide spread all along our return route.

Fred Boothe was attending at the last update I received so it looks like between Fred and Karl the RTE is good hands.

If any registered attendees wish to cancel, please let us know with a post in this thread.

DFW riders........there will be some rides posted in the next day or two for DFW RTE on both sides of the MetroMess. I also heard some rumors that a DFW wrenching session might be in the works.

Now if I trailered like Ted.......... :rotflmao:

Craig

I love Coopers and need a good motorcycle ride, but watching the weather, they are calling for an 1" to 1.5" of rain beginning mid-afternoon tomorrow. Sorry to miss a COG ride, but think I will stay local tomorrow. Ride safe!

Two riders showed up at Coopers for the dinner ride, one from Bryan and one from Midland, the BBQ and conversation was
good, ran thru a few light rain showers nothing bad, had a good time.