• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

crankcase breather tube

kd4pop

Had  oil on left side of faring. took off left side on faring and found the crank breather tube off has 4 k on bike. just notice this while on this trip. My question is is the crankcase breather tube before the air filter and then goes threw the air filter,or after the filter and into the throttle bodies??By looking at the parts list looks like the breather tube is after the filter now how much sh-t got sucked up in it?

The crankcase breather tube vents into the airbox direct. See page 17-2 in the 08/09 manual or page 18-50 in the 2010/11 manual in the appendix.

Fred iam on a trip don't have my service manual with me. so dirt got into the throttle bodies and it to the engine??

kd4pop said:
Fred iam on a trip don't have my service manual with me. so dirt got int the throttle bodies and it to the engine??

You need to find the hole in the bottom of the airbox that the end of the hose goes in and push it back in. I'd also suggest checking the hose to make sure it is clean and free of any obstructions.

It's item 6 in the diagram below. I can't seem to find a good photo that shows where the other end goes.

Attachments

• BreatherHose.jpg
    BreatherHose.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 118