• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Crotona Midnight Run February 7, 2009

Bigben

Scooter
Crotona Midnight Run February 7, 2009 Sign in 11PM Feb 7 Key Time starting at 12:00 A.M. Feb 8 Nathan's/Kohl's Parking lot Central Ave/Route 100, Yonkers NY For Info call **** Roberts at 201 767 3594 The 91th anniversary of the Crotona Midnight Run by Ramapo MC, the longest running motorcycle event in the USA will take place on Saturday February 7 with sign-in starting at 11pm and key time at 12am. The run will cover 120 miles round trip, with about six check points along the way and ending at about 7am on Sunday February 8. This is not a race, but a timed run with the schedule time of about 30 mph between check points. GPS and other computer navigation devices are not allowed. Route sheets will be handed to riders at 11pm as they sign-in. In 2008 the event drew about 30 plus riders, with some coming from as far away as Boston. The turnout was lower than expect due to the 9" of snow that had fallen less than 15 hours earlier. Nevertheless, the run went on as scheduled with no significant incidents along the way. The roads were amazingly clear throughout the route, but the temperature was in mostly in the low teens and singal digits most of the night. This is a AMA district 34 sanctioned event sponsored by Ramapo MC. bhttp://www.ramapomc.org/CMR08.htm Ride often, Ride Safe.

This is an incredible event, although one I will probably never participate in. I am humbled by the men & women who brave the forces of old man winter and venture off in the night without GPS to follow the sometimes cryptic midnight route. One of my friends from NY does the Crotona run every year. I keep threatening to show up and meet him at the diner that is the 1/2-way break point, which is in the area where I used to live when I was younger. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

I've done this a few times, back in '07 the low temp was 9*. Had to work that weekend last year(and the weather wasn't too good IIRC?). I'm off this year though and hope the weather holds - it's about 75 miles to the start from my house. A Connie rider, who will remain nameless, is usually the man to beat. First on his '01 and now an '08. Ben, you going?

A Connie rider, who will remain nameless, is usually the man to beat. First on his '01 and now an '08.
I am pretty he sat next to me at the COG lunch the day of the NY motorcycle show... The other person I know who deos the "run" rides a Road King. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Ben How did you happen to be working the event? Mike Aldea, COG-528 Charter Life AMA Hawthorne, NJ
2520423130102652906S200x200Q85.jpg
2710979210102652906GMlQTI_th.jpg