• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cruise Control Problems

dano59

Mini Bike
My cruise just started acting up. It will power up as normal and will set a speed but withing 30 seconds will act like I hit the brake or shut it off. Still has power, wont set again until I shut it off and then on and even then doesnt work every time.

I have checked to make sure both brake switches have plenty of play. There is one known problem with system, the end of the cable housing that goes to the throddle is broken were it bolts the the plate tohold the end of the housing in place. There is a hose clamp simi holding it together but it never caused a problem before.

Anyone mess with these before or ever had this situation?

Depending on how everything is routed I would start looking for intermitent shorts to ground somewhere.Add-ons are notoriously picky,depending on brand,installer,routing etc.You could also have something wrong in module itself.Got a multimeter?

;)

If you're brave you can ground the purple brake wire and go for a test ride to eliminate any false brake signal to the CC unit, just be aware that the cruise won't deactivate when you hit the brakes.  >:D

Zorlac said:
If you're brave you can ground the purple brake wire and go for a test ride to eliminate any false brake signal to the CC unit, just be aware that the cruise won't deactivate when you hit the brakes.  >:D

I like that idea. Anytime I can eliminate a potential source of a prob I like it.

Thanks

^-^

Had a somewhat similar prob. with cruise seeming to 'shut off' at odd times during the ride.  Added a  'largish' capacitor (4300 mfd, 'cause that was handy at Radio Shack), with "+" facing power source, and "-" to a good ground in the attempt to achieve a 'less-interruptable power supply.'

It seemed to help quite a bit, but didn't cure all the ills...  "Looking for shorts to ground..." (above), sounds like good advice.

I am thinking about doing the cooling system overflow bottle relocation the weekend so when I have the tank and stuff off I think I will go over the wiring real well.