• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CS One - Is re-mapping required?

Beamer

Training Wheels
I am considering running to Dennis Kirk and picking up a CS One today (about 40 miles from me), but I wanted to know if a re-flash or map is necessary when on a stock bike?

My plans are to remove the flies and the Guhl re-map, but that will happen thru the winter. I wanted to know since the C14 is so rich to begin with, if one can run a slip-on without having to add fuel?

I have been looking for any stock dyno runs with air/fuel readings on a stock bike, but havn't found any. I do see that on the FuelPack and PCV map data that most add allot of fuel in the 3000-4000RPM range, right where you cruise on this bike. I don't want to hurt the engine being lean.

You'll be fine with just the slip on. No re-map required. But if you do more after that, well then it will be required.

You don't remove the flies with the Guhl reflash. That's one of the reasons why I'm seriously considering having it done. As to your original question, I've had a Leo Vince slip-on on mine since about 600 miles (can't believe I waited even that long to ditch the potato cannon  ;D), no other mods and it runs fine.

Remap or add a pcv. Do this before the pipe.  WHAT???

Thats easy. The stock fuel map sucks. Plain and simple.  The pipe sounds better, but the fuel map still is not good. The pcv, reflash or whatever makes the performance, especially down low, incredible and is a massive improvement to the bike.  Kawasaki would have seen their shootout results go up dramatically if these bikes were mapped as our aftermarket guys do it.  Not all about power...but its all abotu feel.

skytzo said:
You don't remove the flies with the Guhl reflash. That's one of the reasons why I'm seriously considering having it done. As to your original question, I've had a Leo Vince slip-on on mine since about 600 miles (can't believe I waited even that long to ditch the potato cannon  ;D), no other mods and it runs fine.
I assume you meant "files" and not "flies"?

What do you mean by that? Is it a super easy operation to go back/forth or do you need to send it back to do that?

slidebite said:
I assume you meant "files" and not "flies"?

What do you mean by that? Is it a super easy operation to go back/forth or do you need to send it back to do that?
No, flies, as in secondary throttle butterflies. With a Power Commander, the best gains are realized by physically removing these "flies". With the Guhl ECU reflash, it's programmed to open those flies immediately, giving you the same benefit as removing them without the hassle of having to do so.

I have a CS One with nothing else changed. Runs fantastic, good mileage, great sound.
It tends to pop on descel but there is a fix for that if you search.
I actually like it.