• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CT Meet & Greet, Sat, 16 March 2013

B.D.F.

The calander event is listed here and you can register if you plan on attending so we get an idea of how many might be there:  http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=181784&mo=3&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D03%2D19%27%7D

We are putting on an M & G at the Log Cabin restaurant in Clinton, CT, on Sat. 16 March at 12:30 PM. A nice little restaurant with great food and good prices, as well as (hopefully) the usual suspects and (also hopefully) some new folks wanting to meet some of the nicest people on this planet (Concours riders). There is no fee of course and the event is open to all, COG members as well as non- COG members.

As mentioned, the restaurant is really nice but there is one small catch- they do not seem to know where they are. The address they list is incorrect and while that street does actually exist, it will put you in the wrong place and you will miss lunch. The address given as 232 Boston Post Rd., Clinton, CT is INCORRECT: the correct address is 232 E Main St., Clinton, CT. I will try to get the event details on the calendar corrected but again, please do not go to Boston Post Road looking for this lunch. For those who use GPS or on- line navigation, the correct location is: 41.27210 degrees lat. by -72.50571 degrees longitude. Your GPS also has the wrong address for the Log Cabin restaurant so if you call up the restaurant directly as a place of interest (POI), it will still bring you to the wrong location. Please punch in the address as 232 E Main St., Clinton, CT.

Looking forward to seeing everyone (at least those who arrive at the correct place) on Saturday.

Brian

<edited to re-spell calendar: it seems some people don't think there should be any O's in calendar at all.... >

I've heard good things about this restaurant.  Good food and good company. Why miss it? I'm in.

If I don't need to mount my pr2 snow tires I will be there,Hate to drive a cage to a motorcycle meet!

It appears the confusion about the address is caused by the Boston Post Road changing name for about three miles to West & East Main Street before going back to being the Boston Post Road.  You have to use the address 226 E. Main Street in Google Maps to actually end up in front of the Log Cabin.  Bing Maps use 230 E. Main Street.

Btw, the Stop & Shop is about 500 feet West of the Log Cabin.  The Lamp Lighter Motel is opposite the Log Cabin. 

71b17a38d3a301a68dd3a138e9baab58

It is truly shameful but what can we do? Andrea and I went to the M & G in MA last Saturday in a ca...... ca...... I can't even say it. But it was a white- out here when we started and I just could not take the bike 'cause my middle name is Mary Jane Tinklepants and I am a wuss. We wanted to see the folks at the M&G so we took the lesser of two evils- missing the event entirely or riding in the ca...., well, you know.

It would be great to see you Wayne and I suspect most of us will not be on motorcycles so your auto will just blend in the parking lot. Word around the campfire is that there might even be a discreet telling of The Cat Joke (TM).

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
If I don't need to mount my pr2 snow tires I will be there,Hate to drive a cage to a motorcycle meet!

That is what I think happened- the town or city changed the official name of the road for that particular leg. I think it used to be Boston Post Rd. proper but now it is E Main St. Unfortunately the first (incorrect) address is a legitimate street address in that city and someone could make a small fortune by putting a restaurant up there and naming it something like The not Log Cabin. The Log Cabin restaurant has a fantastic, and well deserved IMO, reputation.

Brian

COG-528 said:
It appears the confusion about the address is caused by the Boston Post Road changing name for about three miles to West & East Main Street before going back to being the Boston Post Road.  You have to use the address 226 E. Main Street in Google Maps to actually end up in front of the Log Cabin.  Bing Maps use 230 E. Main Street.

Btw, the Stop & Shop is about 500 feet West of the Log Cabin.  The Lamp Lighter Motel is opposite the Log Cabin. 

71b17a38d3a301a68dd3a138e9baab58

We are going to try and make this one, hopefully anywhere near 45 and it will be on the bike. Just came back from Florida and we are thinking more and more about some kind of snowbird thing near or south of the Mason Dixon line.

FYI no matter what town u r in in CT on Rte-1 it's known as the Boston Post Road & some towns decided they wanted to change the name of their little section of the road to something else to confuse u guys w/ GPS's today!!! hehehe  ;)

I'm in. Perfect time to try out the new CalSci extra-wide. And of course a perfect photo op for the Concourier!
See you all up there...
:beerchug:

Damn, I would like to go but I can't find the defroster switch and my bike is a C-14, an 09 with out traction control.The traction control is for riding in snow, right? I took the cover off the bike and the clutch  assy was GONE a note was left that said" if you are not going to use it don't carry it around" signed  BDF.   

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
I took the cover off the bike and the clutch  assy was GONE a note was left that said" if you are not going to use it don't carry it around" signed  BDF.   
:rotflmao:

Wayne, That was priceless  :beerchug:

Remember, clutching is a privilege, not a right....

You can always take a car to the M & G. Andrea and I did that for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago 'cause it was snowing like crazy when we left the house. It was a good time and the shame was worth it- the shame of driving there is even starting to fade a bit so if we have to we will drive again to this one in CT.

By the way, I wanted to let everyone know this is really a nice restaurant. I did not want to say anything too soon in fear there would be a Concours rider's stampede to the place but dis place got silverware- yep, no more eating with our fingers like animals! And not only that, they have enough silverware (well, OK it is really just flatware) so that each customer gets his or her OWN individual set of fork, knife and spoon! That's right- your own individual set- no more licking the fork clean and sharing with the guy sitting next to you.... how's that for class?

Only a week to go now so better gets the bikes or cars pointed in the right direction now in case of bad weather....

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
Damn, I would like to go but I can't find the defroster switch and my bike is a C-14, an 09 with out traction control.The traction control is for riding in snow, right? I took the cover off the bike and the clutch  assy was GONE a note was left that said" if you are not going to use it don't carry it around" signed  BDF. 

Looks like the weather is going to be pretty decent tomorrow- mid 40's F and only partly cloudy. We plan on taking the bike unless it is raining tomorrow morning.

Something is making intermittent contact on my Zumo and I suspect it is the cradle.... again. But seeing as the device is a little confused about where exactly the Log Cabin restaurant is located anyway maybe that is not such a bad thing.  ;D

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow afternoon!

Brian

Trying to talk the so into riding bike but looks like we are going by cage  :(   
Probably my fault haven't got around in getting heated gear especially hers.

Thanks Brian for setting this up.  Good people good food. Woke up with a little dusting of snow on the ground  :eek:
Where is spring?

Good Times!Great to see so many Nor'Easters show up.
Arriving in Clinton saw a crisp, reasonable 38 degrees. Returning home it had dropped to 28 by New Haven with light snow. Three cheers for the 'Stich, heated vest, grips and saddle... and an honorable mention to the PR3's and CalSci Extra-Wide. Had fun all the way...

Attachments

• WetSnowWindshield_01.jpg
    WetSnowWindshield_01.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 95
Here's a good shot of the gang... 'cept where'd Alex go?
Brian is undoubtably telling the cat story, which I have missed every time. Soon enough...  :beerchug:

Attachments

• CT_Meet'nGreet_3-2012-1.jpg
    CT_Meet'nGreet_3-2012-1.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 96
Bill you were just waiting for me to leave the table so you could take pictures, what's the matter didn't have the wide angle lens.    :))

COG-528 said:
I wonder how come none of the photos Andrea took have shown up in this thread? :confuse:

Because she does not post here.  Her photo is on Facebook.

Gigantor said:
Ok Mike here are some fotos from Saturday,

Alex - do you have the photo when Mike was not complaining?  Oh wait - that's when he was eating.  :))

A bit late but thanks to everyone for coming out to this thing. Sorry about not telling 'The Cat Joke' but we were in the main dining room and the rest of the world is just not ready for that one.... and Andrea and I need a quiet place to tell that one.

It seems like central CT along the coast is a nice place for a M & G; it was great to see some NY folks there as well as the CT folks. We will probably hold a couple more of these this year as they seem pretty popular.

Thanks to those who posted photos- Andrea and I are pretty terrible about taking photos although I think she got a couple at this event. I think she posted at least one on Facebook (not a member so I cannot verify that).

Brian

Brian,

I'll be at the next one, the food there is really good.  Unfortunately I'm on a diet and missed on the big bowl of pasta but my sandwich was awesome.

Later,
Alex