• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dairyland on the home page

smithr

My understanding was that COG may get something in return for putting the link to that insurance company on our site.  I think if we are suppose to get something then the membership should know this if for no reason other then to help promote using it.  If we are not getting anything from the "ad" then maybe we should remove it until we are.

I decided to get a quote to see if they are actually better than my current insurer, (progressive).  Both are just about the same.

I asked for a quote from Dairyland and their Quote was more than twice as much as I pay for full coverage now . I have Progressive . This must be some kind of joke .

smithr said:
My understanding was that COG may get something in return for putting the link to that insurance company on our site.  I think if we are suppose to get something then the membership should know this if for no reason other then to help promote using it.  If we are not getting anything from the "ad" then maybe we should remove it until we are.

Yeah surprised me too to see that Dairyland ad show up.  ???  What's in it for us? New I.M.? Looks like some other clubs are also participating?

I posted it up on request from Bob D.

We have a deal with Dairyland that we receive a referral fee for anyone requesting a quote after viewing their ad. on our site.

The text there now is just a place holder while I await the text from Bob or Ken.

To my knowledge they are not an IM at this time.

colinp386 said:
I posted it up on request from Bob D.

We have a deal with Dairyland that we receive a referral fee for anyone requesting a quote after viewing their ad. on our site.

The text there now is just a place holder while I await the text from Bob or Ken.

To my knowledge they are not an IM at this time.

So maybe everyone should request a quote. Even if they don't have a renewal in the near future. The fees could add up to help the club!  ;)

All,  We just recently completed the paperwork with Dairyland and so haven't gotten the word out to the members yet.  Yes COG gets $10.00 for each completed quote.  When you request a quote you must open it which then constitutes a completed quote.

We are looking for ways to continue meeting our expenses without needing to increase the dues.  If every member requests a quote it will help a lot!

Ken Ford

Ken_Ford_FL said:
If every member requests a quote it will help a lot!

I'll quote a quote!

It is my belief that nearly any invented quotation, played with confidence, stands a good chance to deceive.
Mark Twain

What exactly do you mean by "open it"?  I went through the quote process, but clicked on continue later as the next step was asking for cc info.

My understanding third hand that a completed quote is one they email you and you open the email.

My other understanding is that there is a max of $1000 per month.

I plan on doing it every year before my current bike insurance is due.  Just happens to be this month for me I think.

I still think this should get a better announcement and not one hiding on the problem report pages.

smithr said:
I still think this should get a better announcement and not one hiding on the problem report pages.

Yeah, why is it hiding here?  Who started this topic anyway?  :p

The announcement you seek is probably the responsibility of the person that confirmed the deal with Dairyland.  (COG IL?) IMHO an email to THAT person would have been better that reporting it as a COGMOS problem. Just my $0.02

I reported the problem because it showed up on the web page before we voted to approve the deal.  That and it showed up with out any words next to it motivating members to try it out because it helps the club.  As far as I can tell both those are still true.

smithr said:
I reported the problem because it showed up on the web page before we voted to approve the deal.  That and it showed up with out any words next to it motivating members to try it out because it helps the club.  As far as I can tell both those are still true.

Erm... I thought it was voted in. If not why was the deal signed?
I only posted it up due to the request from Bob after I think Ken signed off on it.
I can take it down any time if there is an issue here.

No real problem that I know of.  It is all worked out now.
The way I remember it going down is the board was told about it.  The other Bob S. maybe was going to get details and report back to the board for approval.  Two days later link showed up on the website.  I asked and found out the deal was not even signed yet.  By the time of our next meeting everything was signed and no reason to take it down.

I would still like it to say something like this near the ad...
"COG gets a small return for every quote completed so check out Dairylands rates today."