• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dam old gravel driveway got the best of me

Poltergeist

Training Wheels
Don't know if this qualifies me or not, but dam... It's a real old gravel driveway with a hump in the middle that's covered in a thin layer grass that was good and wet from all of our NW sunshine. I was transitioning for one tread line to the other so I could make the turn to my shop when the bike just turned 45 degrees. After that things got interesting real quick like.  :-\ I need to go walk it in the day light, but I think that different surface textures freaked the bikes traction control. I was able to control it and stop the bike, but with that much weight she was going down one way or another so I just made sure it was as painless on the bike as possible. Total damage is small scuff on underside of right side bag, small crack in the black lower fairing on the right side, a lightly sprained ankle from try to let 700 pounds down easy and a hell of a bruised ego...  :))  I have to ride 250 foot of this gravel road every time I ride, I am going to have to figure this s*** out so it does not happen again...  :mad:  Hey, so I did learn that I can get 700 pounds off her side with adrenaline on my side...