• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Daniel Boone National Forest

caeman

Moped
Here is a link to all of the pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/chadrwilson/DanielBoone2009# Friday, my wife and I left off for Daniel Boone National Forest in Kentucky after I got home from work. This meant that I did not have to use any vacation days for this weekend excursion. The trip down from Oxford, Ohio was uneventful.
dbnf002.jpg
The room is simple, but was clean and comfortable.
dbnf018.jpg
dbnf019.jpg
Friday night, the small group of us stood outside and chatted like a group of riders will often do. I had a hard time sleeping and ended up waking before everyone else, so I took that time to catch some pics of their bikes.
dbnf008.jpg
dbnf009.jpg
dbnf010.jpg
dbnf012.jpg
dbnf014.jpg
And then there was breakfast.
dbnf024.jpg
40 cent eggs! A $5 bought breakfast for both Erin and I. :)
dbnf026.jpg
Two of the riders followed me into the park, while the others found their own hooligan route to follow.. My route was simple, but the roads were not. My wife was a little uncomfortable at first, but she soon got into the rhythm and really enjoyed the roads. This was the curviest roads she has ridden with me, yet. 213 is a nice road, as is 52, 11/15, 77 and 715.
dbnf036.jpg
dbnf056.jpg
Erin was a little apprehensive to take pics through the tight curves, so no pics of those. I think I scared her!
dbnf095.jpg
The first stop was the Natural Bridge. We rode the skylift up and walked back down the 1.25 mile path.
dbnf112.jpg
dbnf122.jpg
dbnf133.jpg
dbnf151.jpg
dbnf179.jpg
Saturday night, we had dinner at Katie's Country Diner.
dbnf239-1.jpg
And then a little more hangin' out in the motel parking lot telling stories.
dbnf203.jpg
My best story for the day involves the Nada Tunnel. I love tunnels. When I ride my bike through one, I rev my motor up. For this one, carried enough speed into it, held in the clutch handle and revved up the tach to 9500 RPM. Good God I was giggling like a school boy the time. I think I scared the crap out of the car in front me because once they exited the tunnel, they immediately pulled over to let me by! : 46k miles