• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Daytona Supercross

OMoaC

Watching the mudfest. AMA decides to shorten the race. Jeezum crow. It's Motocross. "Oh My, It's muddy, I don't like it." It's motocross! Suck it up. Wanna Call it for safety? That's between your ears and your right wrist. Don't want to go out there? O.K. Ernie Smacklips from east dogpile Ky. will win because he had the balls. Jeez :'(

I was wondering if it had anything to do with the fact that after a full lights moto they would have to take time fixing the track and with the extended lap times it may have run past the "cerfew" for the track which is 1 am I believe.
The track was getting fast by the middle of the 450 main so they would have been just fine with the full moto, imo. I don't know though for sure of course, only AMA does probably.

I agree with you on one hand but on the other if they were thinking it was going to turn into 2008 all over again I see their point as well.

I'm trying to remember (I'm old) an outdoor MX. Wanna say Hang town or carlsbad. Total mudfest. All the big factory riders DNF'd and a local pro won and launched his factory carreer. Wanna say La Rocco for some reason. It's OK. I get bent when they call nascar for rain (they race motorcycles in the rain don't they?) or football. I know they have their reasons but that's why it's a competition.