• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Death Valley Ride - Saturday 2/11

CaffeineMan

In the shadow of the Valley of Death
Here's what I'm thinking

Kickstands up 9:00 AM Saturday 2/11.

- Green Valley Grocery on SR-372 in Pahrump
- Through Shoshone to Ashford Mill ruin
- Badwater
- Furnace Creek
- Beatty, for lunch at KC's Outpost:  https://www.facebook.com/KCs-OUTPOST-118554398164507/
- Vegas people can head down US-95 home if they wish
- Pahrumpians and those wanting a longer ride can go back down to Furnace Creek
- Dante's View
- Home

https://goo.gl/maps/pz3YcbxHo2o

Optional breakfast at Mountain Falls Grill room if anyone's interested.

http://www.mountainfallsgolfclub.com/menu/

:great:
Brian:
I'm in. Ricky Stiles and I will meet you at Green Valley Market on 372 around 8:30/8:45a. If there's any change, please call me at (530) 842-6006.

See you then,

Bob Young
COG #5753

I am suggesting we change the meet location.  They are building a traffic circle and have restricted traffic in front of the Green Valley store making it possibly difficult turning west at Blagg Rd.  If we meet at Horizon Market located a coupe miles farther west on 372 there would be no issues since it is on the right.  They have gas, food, etc. The address is 916 S. Linda St.  On the corner of 372 and Linda.  Rick

Wish I could make it down!
I keep missing the Death Valley rides  :mad:

Thanks for scheduling it up CaffeineMan. I'll make one eventually

Rick_Stiles_WY said:
I am suggesting we change the meet location.  They are building a traffic circle and have restricted traffic in front of the Green Valley store making it possibly difficult turning west at Blagg Rd.  If we meet at Horizon Market located a coupe miles farther west on 372 there would be no issues since it is on the right.  They have gas, food, etc. The address is 916 S. Linda St.  On the corner of 372 and Linda.  Rick
Hey Rick! How are ya buddy? Taking the M1 out in a couple weeks. I'll let Cman chime in about the addy change and if agreed I'll get it changed on the calendar.

Sure would like to go on this ride.....We could call it Cupid's Ride! Let's see if we can swing it! Thank you for planning it Cman!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Horizon Market is fine.  Change it.

Just be aware that although I've had no issues with 87 octane there, I have no clue about the higher octane stuff

Tell ya what. Can you guy's cover both spots? I'm afraid if I change it on the calendar and some folks don't check back there may some confusion. Sound OK?

I'll go to the Horizon Market around 8:30am and wait for the Green Valley Grocery folks. Kick stands up at 9:00am.

Bob Young
COG #5753

Red Eagle said:
I'll go to the Horizon Market around 8:30am and wait for the Green Valley Grocery folks. Kick stands up at 9:00am.

Bob Young
COG #5753
Good on ya Bob! Them tires good?  ;)

:motonoises:
Yep...just need miles. New battery; brakes re-done; should be good to go. Hopefully, weather will be ok; not a fan of starting out in rain [BTDT]; breezy, I'm ok with. I'm anxious to see the country side.

Wife still not comfortable with motorcycling, but is OK with me riding. She's concerned with me riding in crappy weather, so for her sake. I hope Saturday will be OK.

Hope to see you all 2/11, 8:30a to 9:00a.

Bob Young
COG #5753

Since I got no interest in breakfast, that part is cancelled.

15% chance of rain in Pahrump tomorrow.  35% chance of rain in Beatty at lunchtime.

Well, we didn't make it last as long as we planned.  It was raining in Furnace Creek.  The skies to the north, towards Beatty, promised more of the same, so we bailed early.

However, through Shoshone, to Ashford Mill, and up to Furnace Creek was good, and the rain quit when we got out of the valley itself.  About 160 miles was what I clocked.

It was good to get the first ride of the season (for me) and it was good to meet Rick and to see Bob out on the road again.  :great:

As far as the wildflower recon goes, there wasn't anything out yet, but this is the earliest I've ever ridden DV, so I am not surprised.  And the rain is good for the flowers.  ;D

Good on you guy's! At least you got to stretch the legs a bit. Got your texts Cman. Sorry, Wish I coulda but the 14 Hunney is up on the stand being prepped for a valve check. Gotta put in a good effort for that mileage challenge. Plus I wanna be ready when those flowers pop.

Thanks, CMan for the trip. Yeah, it was wet there for awhile, and, yeah the wind did blow. But we stayed upright and I got a chance to ride with you & Jo and Rick and that's alright in my book. The headwind took a toll on my MPG, but I should have run in 5th. Saw some roads I hadn't seen before and I'm looking forward to drier weather to try it again. This time all the way to Beatty!

Thanks again,

Bob Young
COG #5753