• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

December Newburgh, NY Meet & Greet 12/14/13

Cap'n Bob

OK, folks. Here's a little notice on the December M&G in Newburgh NY. I will point out the this is also the same weekend as the NY motorcycles show in Manhattan. I will still be having this event on Saturday for folks who might be around and are interested. I will point out that I am not trying to compete or hurt the gathering for the bike show. By all means it should be a good time if your going to the show.
  My plan personally is to attend the motorcycle show on Friday and still have the meet & greet on Saturday in Newburgh. So anyway, come on out if you up to it. The food is good and hopefully we'll have some folks around to make the day enjoyable. Winters coming at it might be your last chance to ride. Of course, maybe not.  :))

Anyway, the Newburgh Meet & Greet is normally at 11AM on the second Saturday of the month. This one will be no different. some of us might be there a little bit early as well if you're an early bird. So it's 11AM on (Next) Saturday December 14th at the Neptune Diner in Newburgh, NY. Here's a link to the event page. Hope to see y'all there.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=192895&mo=12&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D12%2D03%27%7D

Cap'n Bob- Social obligations will keep me from attending. That and 3 inches of snow and ice covering my 125 foot driveway.
  Heading to sunny FLA 12/18, but hope to see everyone at the May '14 M&G.

Hope y'all have a nice winter.
  P.S. I have a room booked for the National and looking for a roomate.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Well it's going to be cold nad not very nice. They are expecting snow showers during the day. But any accumulating snow is not suppose to be around until the evening. So hop in the cage (or ride the bike if your that hard core) and come on out. This is the final 2013 Newburgh M&G. Of course I'm sure you could figure that out it being December.  :))  Hope to see y'all there.

Well as figured, it snowed today and we are still in the middle of a good snow storm here in the north east. Although it was suppose to hold off until later in the day. We had a couple of inches by the start time of the M&G. But four of us still showed for lunch. I want to shout out to Ron. It was nice meeting a local C10 owner and first time COG event attendee. Hopefully we'll see him again sometime.
  Anyway back to the snow. My home town is expecting 11 1/2" of snow by tomorrow morning. And it's starting to come down pretty good as I write this. Hopefully everyone gets home safe from both this event as well as the folks who went to the motorcycle show.

We opted for the show and the snow kept the crowds down but the ride home was a royal pita. Yankee Trails bus back towards Albany took 3+ hours!

ReserveBum said:
We opted for the show and the snow kept the crowds down but the ride home was a royal pita. Yankee Trails bus back towards Albany took 3+ hours!
Amtrak was on time, but they did have some difficulty opening the door and deploying the steps when we got to Hudson.  And the 12 mile ride home from the station took about a half hour.