• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Denali D3 light installation..

BigVee88

Hi folks! Did some light upgrade today beginning with Pathfinder headlights followed by Denali auxiliary light mounting because for the life of me I cannot find installation videos or instructions on how to proceed with the installation. Would someone who has those installed share their feedback and installation steps. Thanks - V

Hi folks! Did some light upgrade today beginning with Pathfinder headlights followed by Denali auxiliary light mounting because for the life of me I cannot find installation videos or instructions on how to proceed with the installation. Would someone who has those installed share their feedback and installation steps. Thanks - V

I don't have them installed (D3), I have D1...however I think to get assistance you'll need to be more specific and better worded(sorry). First it sounds like you completed the upgrade and then it seems you couldn't because you couldn't find the instructions..so silly me I'm kinda baffled as to what it is you are really looking for. I find this happens (unclear requests for assistance) from smart phone postings which I'll blame this on rather than my foggy brain not making sense of it. Since your post has sat here unanswered for 4 days ...I'm going to assume I'm not the only person that doesn't know exactly what you are looking for.

So if I've interpreted your post correctly (doubtful) you HAVE successfully installed Pathfinder Headlights, but HAVE NOT installed the aux. D3s.

..and you are looking for instructions for the D3 installation. If I have that correct...then I have questions which may get you a better response here from others. If I don't have that correct (likely) then at least my responding might get your post a bump and encourage others to assist you.

Where on the bike are you planning on the install, low by the fender? up high under the mirrors? somewhere in between?

Did you purchase a wiring harness?..and....if so, is it made for a specific mount location?
Do you have special mounting brackets all ready in hand?

https://denalielectronics.com/blogs...7skwgJmP9FEZXcsaFGY9EKVTbaGFDioRoCmoAQAvD_BwE

Attachments

• Instructions_DNL.D3.050_rev00.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
I don't have them installed (D3), I have D1...however I think to get assistance you'll need to be more specific and better worded(sorry). First it sounds like you completed the upgrade and then it seems you couldn't because you couldn't find the instructions..so silly me I'm kinda baffled as to what it is you are really looking for. I find this happens (unclear requests for assistance) from smart phone postings which I'll blame this on rather than my foggy brain not making sense of it. Since your post has sat here unanswered for 4 days ...I'm going to assume I'm not the only person that doesn't know exactly what you are looking for.

So if I've interpreted your post correctly (doubtful) you HAVE successfully installed Pathfinder Headlights, but HAVE NOT installed the aux. D3s.

..and you are looking for instructions for the D3 installation. If I have that correct...then I have questions which may get you a better response here from others. If I don't have that correct (likely) then at least my responding might get your post a bump and encourage others to assist you.

Where on the bike are you planning on the install, low by the fender? up high under the mirrors? somewhere in between?

Did you purchase a wiring harness?..and....if so, is it made for a specific mount location?
Do you have special mounting brackets all ready in hand?

https://denalielectronics.com/blogs...7skwgJmP9FEZXcsaFGY9EKVTbaGFDioRoCmoAQAvD_BwE
I definitely had a brain fog that that after trying to get the lights situation figured out. Anyway, thanks for getting back with some Information. Here's where I stand..
Pathfinder lights installed, D3s not installed, just mounted on Lower fairing with brackets I purchased. At this point is where I'm stuck and not sure if I'll need any other wiring, such as the one you mentioned, or if they are able to get soldered with OEM connectors.
Again, my apologies for the brain fog and thank you!

There are options on do it yourself wiring that need to be determined. Some may not be available if you decide to purchase a harness.
Even though these are LEDs I would recommend that they be powered by a relay just so you do not cause any excessive power draw on OEM wiring. On mine, I have a switch on the bars to turn mine on (just a signal wire to activate the relay) and only available when the ignition is on. This was a problem for me at night because I couldn't get my headlights dimmed and these switched off fast enough when encountering oncoming traffic on twisty roads. I decided then to attach them to the high beam circuit so that they shut off when I dimmed my head lights. Since I still had the switch to turn them on I needed a diode installed so that my turning them on with the switch (rarely) would not also make my headlight high beams come on. If I had known then what I know now, I'd have skipped the switch and just wired them to my high beams, but since I already had the switch I just left it.

Obviously that can get complicated if you aren't comfortable with wiring yourself, especially if you don't know how to wire in a relay already.
All that said, (<----silly wording that) I recommend using the high beam circuit to trigger a relay to turn them on so that they switch off when you dim your lights. If you are planning on installing a dimmer so you can use them for daytime visibility then I recommend buying a special wiring harness....but then I have no idea of your electrical abilities. I use a separate Hyper-White daytime visibility system instead of my D1s for daytime use.

Best wishes and I hope others that have the install, just the way you want yours to be installed, come along with more specific answers.

Until they do, I recommend (To everybody, not just you V ;) ) to make use of the much underutilized TECH PAGES here on the COG website.
(just Fred Harmon's C14 colored wiring diagram alone has been invaluable to me, but there are so many more gems there, and all available due to your dues. (SWIDT?))
Fascinating reading, especially if you are on the throne and can't reach your copy of the latest Concourier. Don't blame me for the butt ring if you stay too long. šŸ˜‡

Last edited: