• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Denver Area Ride Sunday March 15

Hmmm.... Not sure about the foothills/mountains yet. May still be too cold and/or the roads may not be in good condition yet. After all, it is still winter.

Default/favorite rides for me:

Short:
105 to Monument, eat at Rosies. Little elevation change. We've done that already, but I always like that ride.

Medium:
126/67 to Woodland Park. Moderate elevation change. Way fun, but I have no idea how 126 is this early in the season.
Peak to Peak highway. More elevation change and even more questions about road condition.

Long:
Poudre canyon. Even more elevation change. And even more questionable road conditions. And cold in the higher elevations?

Are you thinking short with food? Early start and long? Stay low, stay warm?

Other options? Go East young man? South and then West? There are so many options where we live!!!!!!  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

CRocker said:
Everything East is FLAT!!!

Flat might be warm. But it is supposed to hit 76 tomorrow, so maybe not-flat will also be warm. What is your suggestion? We can just play it by ear if we have a meet up spot and a time.  Anyone from the North Front Range want to chime in?

There has been a request from a new rider on a HD to not venture up into the foothills...too much sand and gravel for them to feel comfortable...thinking about Hwy 83 down to Colorado Springs for lunch at Rudy's...and then back up 105 to Castle Rock, Sedalia, etc...

Input...?

CRocker said:
There has been a request from a new rider on a HD to not venture up into the foothills...too much sand and gravel for them to feel comfortable...thinking about Hwy 83 down to Colorado Springs for lunch at Rudy's...and then back up 105 to Castle Rock, Sedalia, etc...

Input...?

Meeting point and time? Big Apple Shell Northwest corner of CO-83 and CO-86 in Franktown? 8AM? 9AM? Some other time? Some other place?

That Shell station works...guess it'll have to be a little later though, since he works till noon...so..how about 1:30...?

I guess I am out for this one. I have afternoon commitments. Have a good time and take some pics.

I went for a ride - but it was on the KLR (190 miles!).
When I went through Deckers around 11:15AM - there were at least two Connies there (one 2008, one newer).
Didn't stop - so didn't have a chance to see who's who.