• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Denver Area Tech Day

notsluggo

Crotch Rocket
SW area (Colorado) Dudes and Dudettes - I'm going to host a Concours (or what-have-you) tech day / garage BS session on Saturday, May 9th.  Rain date will be the next day.  If the weather is really questionable, we'll delay for two weeks.
We'll kick things off around 0900 with coffee, juice, and donuts.
Good time to put in some fresh blinker fluid for the new riding season or maybe change the oil prior to heading to Cortez for the National (you are going to the National - right?).
I don't have a lift - so squatting will be the rule of the day.  And, I don't have a tire-changer (but do have a receiver hitch on my truck if you have a changer that works that way).
I'm in south Parker (near Franktown) and directional details will be forthcoming as the date approaches.
After wrenching, a quick rip down 83 through Monument and back up 105 to Sedalia might be fun.
Interest?

Rock It Bruce! Make sure Bradman get's it on the Calendar. Shooting you a PM. Did I mention Vote for me for OTP? I did? Poop.

Speedratchet said:
Throw in free air and I'm there!    :motonoises:

Bruce

Geez - I dunno, Bruce.  Air's pretty expensive these days...  But for you....you bet.  I'll cover the costs.

Little Joe said:
I'm in, I'll bring the guns.

Oh yeah, we're not hunting are we?

Fine, my own air too.

LJ

LJ -
I've got quite a bit of open space out back - and there's coyotes, hundreds of prarie dogs, and the occasional deer (or four) - even saw a bear one time.  But the folks 1/2 mile across the field in Castle Rock might not appreciate the over-shots...

We have had a box of C10 parts donated (from a former C10 rider).  I've not opened it - so I don't know what's there.  I'm thinking it'll be kind of a grab-bag thing.

Tested my compressor this weekend - free air will still be available (but remember, it's that thin Colorado stuff, not like what you'd get in Long Beach).

I made a C10 fork tool used when changing fork seals. I can bring it if anyone wants to do seals.

I appreciate the offer CRocker, but that's a bigger job than I want to do on a tech day I think. I'm at 30,000 miles and the book says to do the front fork oil change but say's nothing about when to do the rear. I'll be happy to discuss it with you at the tech day or get together with you at another time. Most people would rather go for a nice ride, I know I do!

Bruce

Well, we're going to need OJ and champagne to celebrate your being voted the OTP rider of the year pretty soon...

Hey there -
I am new to COG and new to owning a Connie. I've had the bike about 1 week, and love her already. I think this may be a good thing for me to attend...although I am not really adept with a wrench!! Not sure how aggressive I'll ever get with home-wrenching, but this sounds like a good place to get started! :-\

matt said:
Hey there -
I am new to COG and new to owning a Connie. I've had the bike about 1 week, and love her already. I think this may be a good thing for me to attend...although I am not really adept with a wrench!! Not sure how aggressive I'll ever get with home-wrenching, but this sounds like a good place to get started! :-\
Please do Matt. The Colorado Bruces are good dudes in loose mood's with much insight and shenanigans. It'll be a good time.

C'mon down, Matt.
Wrenching or leaning on the wall and shootin' the .... breeze - you'll have fun and good company.

And please don't miss the 2015 National Rally in Cortez CO. The knees will grow weak with the line up of Connies in one place at one time.

CHANGE OF PLAN -
Due to issues beyond my control - I will be unable to host this weekend's scheduled tech day.
If you're able to host (requires buying donuts, bagels, juice, and coffee - reimbursement may be possible) - please reply to this post ASAP.
I sincerely apologize for the late change of plan - but it is what it is.
Now - who can step up / in?
I unfortunately will not be able to attend...

Weather prognosticators are calling for cold and rainy all day Saturday 5/9. If someone else chooses to take this on, feel free to move the date out. My garage is full of stuff, so it would be difficult to host at my place.  :'(

Sorry to hear that you had to cancel notsluggo, but the weather isn't going to cooperate this weekend anyway. I'll volunteer to host on the 23rd of May. Anybody up to move it to the 23rd?

Rob
2006 C10
COG #7390 

The 23rd works for me. I know Brad-Bruce it's also considering throwing his garage in ring  :beerchug:

Rob

I was thinking of hosting myself but I'll go with Rob's place and weekend, I'll shoot for next year!! Don't forget the free air!        :motonoises:

Looks like we'll have some folks for the 23rd. I'll be sure to have some coffee, donuts, bagels and OJ. Free air too  ;D
I have most everything we'll need for any C10 work, including shop manual and a Clymer. 

robc8602 said:
Looks like we'll have some folks for the 23rd. I'll be sure to have some coffee, donuts, bagels and OJ. Free air too  ;D
I have most everything we'll need for any C10 work, including shop manual and a Clymer.

Sweet on the tool thing...I have been wanting to check the finish on my crank journals... :))!

Well, if CRocker has time to check his crank journals then I want to check
my chrome reverse muffler bearings!    :-\

robc8602 said:

While I believe Rob has "most everything"...he most likely has it for working on ONE bike at a time. Sometimes tool duplicates are necessary (even on the same bike). I recommend bringing whatever tools you feel may be needed - sometimes you DO need two 19mm sockets at the same time, on the same bike, to remove one part (as CRocker and I discovered recently when swapping suspension links)!

Good point, Jimbob. I was also trying to say, but not very clearly :-[ is that I don't have any special tools that might be required for a C14.

JimBob,

I don't think we needed two 19mms at the same time...it just seemed like a cluster because of the two guys doing the work...  :rotflmao:

CRocker said:
JimBob,

I don't think we needed two 19mms at the same time...it just seemed like a cluster because of the two guys doing the work...  :rotflmao:

Hahahaha...true! But, we "got 'er duuunnn!"  :))

I'll PM everybody on this chat my address today. Let's get started at 9AM. It looks like the weather will cooperate (fingers crossed)

I sent PMs to everybody on this thread with my address. If I missed anybody please let me know. See everybody Saturday morning :great:

We had 4 Connies show up...with great big thanks to robc8602 for hosting...Speedratchet, denver6, and I made ourselves at home in the garage and changed out the fluid in Speedratchet's rear shock.  Thanks to notsluggo for dropping by with a box of C10 parts, too!  Then...the sun was gone...and we were into that "scattered severe thunderstorms" scenario that we are all too used to now along the front range...so, we all scurried towards home...trying to dodge the raindrops along the way...

Attachments

• Denver Tech Day 2015 001.jpg
    Denver Tech Day 2015 001.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Denver Tech Day 2015 002.jpg
    Denver Tech Day 2015 002.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 84