• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Denver Short Notice Estes Park Ride 8/31

CRocker

Getting together at the Carmax on Broadway...9AM departure...riding up to Estes for lunch, etc...it should be a mixed group...everything from cruisers to sportbikes...I know...it's Labor Day week-end...what better reason to get out of the house?

See you there!

wile-e...not sure right now...the route is on my SO's work computer...I'll have to update the thread Wednesday...

Bruce...have a great ride...

Wile-e,

OK...looks like we are going to take Broadway S to 470...W to Golden...then Golden Gate Canyon to the Peak to Peak...which we will take up to Estes Park...

Meet you at the mouth of Golden Gate Canyon...where we met the others last ride...?

Today was a 255 mile day for us...11 bikes...sun, wind, rain, hail...one roadside conversation between the Hyabusa rider and the fine gentleman in the pick-up with the light bar...one VTX went down when traffic stopped in front of him...no injury reported...continued with the ride...good lunch in Estes Park...and a rather calm ride back home...

BTW...did I mention wind, rain, hail...?

Great ride guys!

Here we are at the Peak to Peak Highway and SH46... :beerchug:

Attachments

• Estes Park Ride.jpg
    Estes Park Ride.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 106
CRocker said:
Getting together at the Carmax on Broadway...9AM departure...riding up to Estes for lunch, etc...it should be a mixed group...everything from cruisers to sportbikes...I know...it's Labor Day week-end...what better reason to get out of the house?

See you there!
Sorry I missed you - we were up there Saturday and lunched at Nederland.

Very Jealous.

Some of my favorite places in the world

I'd take the weather any day just to experience those views and roads. Life here in the flatland is not quite as appealing as the mountaintop

Old Man on a Connie said:
And a KLR? Your a giver Bradman!  :great: :beerchug: :)

And I will tell you Benjamin can ride the snot out of that KLR when we got to the top of Golden Gate Canyon he was the third one there...but then again he did not get pulled over by a park ranger :) Good ride great time...a little less rain would have been nice...til next time