• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Destination "GRAND CANYON"

texcoonazz

Tricycle
My dad and I will embark on our annual motorcycle ride this Saturday(8-27).  Destination "GRAND CANYON". Approximately 3500 miles in 10 days returning home on Labor Day.    I have set up a link where I plan to upload photos we take along the way.  Save the link and visit often.  I have already uploaded a map with the route.    http://gallery.me.com/donlgill#100547

Anyone interested in joining us is more that welcome.

Don

I know you are on your trip but if you get this in time, and it looks like you are going to the north rim,  I highly recommend the the road out to cape royal. Its very twisty and fun to ride and has awesome vistas. If you like to camp there are a couple of campgrounds at Jacobs lake just outside the park. One has showers.

postrucks said:
I know you are on your trip but if you get this in time, and it looks like you are going to the north rim,  I highly recommend the the road out to cape royal. Its very twisty and fun to ride and has awesome vistas. If you like to camp there are a couple of campgrounds at Jacobs lake just outside the park. One has showers.

We did make the South Rim, the North Rim by the Resort and both Cape Royal and Imperial Point.  Man you aren't kidding about the curves.  SWEET SWEET SWEET.  We were there yesterday and the head count and traffic was way down.  At times it felt like we were the only ones there.  What a great ride.