• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Devils Tower & Needles pass

thewurzel

Hi my wife and I just got back from a 3800 mile trek from Boise to Baltimore passing through sawtooth mountains, Yellowstone, Bear-tooth pass, Devils tower, needles pass, iron mountain, and much more.
we met up with a guy with another red C 14 which I parked next to at devils tower. then we seen him again going the opposite direction over the needles mountain pass in South Dakota .
I may have also have him on video from my go Pro camera mounted to the front of my bike.

He said he was on the forum so looking for him I will send him the video once I cut it out
bikesdevils.jpg

What day were you at Devil's Tower? I was there on July 7th, riding a 2010 Concours. I thought I saw a red C-14 parked at the store by the entrance. I was on my way to beartooth pass after spending a couple of days riding through the Black Hills.

Mike

Hi Mike
Yes I was parked in the store at the bottom of the devils tower on July the 7th.
I pulled up alongside the other red C14 pictured behind mine in the picture above
I actually spoke to the guy in the store who had the other red C4. and he said he was on the forum but I cant remember is user name.
At the same time, someone else pulled up in a black c14 across the street then went into the devils tower park.

We had just come of bear tooth mountain on our way to the black hills, were we drove the Needles and iron mountain. On my wife and my trip from Boise to Baltimore.
it was on the needles that we seen the guy on the other red C14 again coming in the opposite direction. and I managed to catch him in a go pro video. ( only a passing clip)

hope you enjoyed Beartooth Pass as it was something else with the 12' high snow banks in places.