• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Different way to place and remover the 4, 5 and 6MM bolts...

gilbysan

Coggers,

I am always looking for a better way to remove and replace the 4MM bolts that hold much of the fairing pieces and the 5MM bolts that fasten what used to the glove box on top of the tank. Hex head wrenches are great but they are getting expensive for a nice set. IMO, these are easier to keep on the bike.

These little gunsmith mag drivers hold .25" bits of all kinds. So I use one with each of the sizes encountered on the plastic parts. For me it is good because they give you a good feel that you do not over tighten the bolts into their well nuts or other threaded receivers, they are just a tad over 4 5/8" long and work well with a #2 phillips to remove the brake reservoir covers without hitting the screen. They happen to be on sale at Grizzly.com for 23 cents each, if you can believe that. Shipping cost more than ten of them but the cost averaged out in my favor, IMO. I just put one of each size hex bit into a driver plus #2 phillips and I am good to go they fit in a small roll up or plastic bag.

1681358575205.png

Just thought you would want to know...

Cheers!

Gilbysan, aka - Fat Ninja

Thanks for the heads up 👍🏻
I went ahead and ordered 20. It was $12.40 & the shipping was still more than the screwdrivers.