• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Disappearing Kickstand

dream4m5

Bicycle
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'\

Here is my mental check list before I dismount.
1. Come to full stop.
2. kickstand down
3. make sure kickstand is secure

New checklist addition
4. No seriously, is it down and secure. remember what happened last time.

So I knew that I would drop my C10 at some point, but I always thought it would be caused by something out of my control. For example a cute puppy runs into the street and my reflexes were fast enough to slam the brakes and stop before hitting the puppy but still manage to drop the bike. This scenario would make me feel better because I saved a damn puppy! But dropping the thing because I didnt bring the kick stand down all the way just hurts the ego a bit. Oh well.

Damage report.
Broken Left side peg, and I think that's it.

Injury report
Bruised ego.

May I please have a number. I shall suck it up and wear it with pride.

;)

I did this exact same thing once.. parked the bike in a parking lot spot along with another bike, and was asked to move it slightly.  I was tired and had been riding more than a couple hours without a break.  I moved the bike and THOUGHT I had put the stand back down - SURPRISE!  :-\  caught it as it was going over and luckily didn't break anything!

Moral of the story: take more breaks, double check the kickstand!!! 

Yep, I think most of us have forgotten it from time to time.  The worst part is there is no getting around the fact that it was our own inattention which caused it... sigh.  Glad you weren't hurt, though those ego bruises can sting for a while.

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 548th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have yet another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:
00544 C14 Shawn Teel
0545 C14 Thomas Wrede
0546 C10 Jeffrey Hayes
0547 C14 Gary Moniz
0548 C10 Jesus Alvarez