• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Do You Prefer To Ride Solo ?

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
ride-solo-but-eat-laugh-with-COG.jpg

Many COG riders prefer to travel solo. But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a COG Event.

[list type=decimal]
[*]Ride your own ride & route
[*]Enjoy some food, drink and chat
[*]Ride your own ride & route home
[/list]

Works whether it's a Ride-to-Eat, an Overnighter or a Weekender. Ride solo. Party with friends.

Well said. Sometimes I like riding by myself and other times with others. I always enjoy getting together with the other COGERS to chat and tell stories.

I agree with this sentiment as well!

Now if this shoulder will only get better in time for the overnight rides in the Southwest...

I ride so fast I always end up being solo!

Still trying to figure out though how the rest of the group gets to the destination first....must take shortcuts. :))

Always solo to and from, Its my time to unwind and check out. Events are another thing. I do enjoy going out myself if I have a mission but I love to ride in a small group when all the cards are in play. Timing ,destination ect . Join for the bike stay for the people

Guess I'm the one to say not me..
I hate riding alone.
To me, the best part of riding it is having someone to share it with.
Plus, it's safer.

Ride safe, Ted

I normally ride solo. That way I can do what I want. Riding with one or two others is OK most times but if they don't ride like I do, it can get tiring. I'm no peg scraper but riding with HDs or something can get a bit boring! If I ride with someone that likes it faster than me, I just say to wait for me at some point. Doesn't bother me a bit.

gsun said:
I normally ride solo. That way I can do what I want. Riding with one or two others is OK most times but if they don't ride like I do, it can get tiring. I'm no peg scraper but riding with HDs or something can get a bit boring! If I ride with someone that likes it faster than me, I just say to wait for me at some point. Doesn't bother me a bit.

I'm with Greg.  I like to ride solo and meet everyone at the destination.  But when it's a COG event, Jorge and I are always riding together.  I don't mind riding with others.  I'm not a peg scraper.  I don't mind riding with someone faster than me.  I let them know my comfort zone and they've been very good about it.  But it also helps me to challenge myself in keeping up with them.  That has helped build my confidence.

Irene

i'm riding solo for short afterwork rides, and for discover new routes restaurants, breakpionts, and tourist attractions and other things i can share with other riders on the next group ride...

i ride with others, when i'm on Motorcycle meetings, on some trips like OtP, maybe as traveller, maybe as a guide or leader, maybe as the last rider in a group (tail light)

i have much fun on both ways..

I'm for both...sort of.  Riding solo gives me time to stop when I want and take pictures.  I'm very picky about who I ride with, and have just a few people I trust...and who are willing to go at my speed.  Not too fast, not too slow.

Chris