• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Does anybody have a report from the national?

It was a great event. Attendance was approx 150. Kudos to the SC rally team.

ConcoursKZ said:
Somebody give us and update. How was the attendance? How's the weather? Any pictures?

Rally was AWESOME!

Probably just a shade shy of 150.

Mornings were mostly overcast and upper 70s to low 89s as were evenings.  Nice breeze.  Hot afternoons in the low to mid 90s, but about 5* cooler than expected and cooler than a lot of more northern climes. Not too humid at all.  Couldn't ask for a whole lot better.  The roads were in good shape and to my knowledge there were no particularly bad experiences riding.

Kudos to Fred Boothe, Craig and Pamela Green and all those who helped them get this rally rockin'.  Thanks and kudos to Klim for putting on a great exhibit and to their Lulu (Australian Shepherd) who was a hoot and great friend to my Pflash (Shetland Sheepdog).  What a fun time. And thanks to the band for putting on another great performance.  I can hardly wait for Williamsport. WOO HOO!

Overcast each day to  start  in the 70's, clouds burned off after lunch and spiked to low 90's most days. Good riding. GREAT food and conversations.  I got back to GA today and was working on the camper and just about  passed out from the heat, drenched to the skin in sweat. I looked at the thermo-tormentor and it was only 86 degrees. Felt like 100. The heat in Texas was hot, but truly more bearable as a dry heat.

I rode about 900 miles and didn't repeat very much at all. A very good rally!