• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Does anyone have any....

You would need to know the boot manufacturer to know what thread size to get. Can you match a screw from the other good boot?

Yeah both my alpine stars and my Bilt use the same size. It measures .14' or 3.6mm in diameter. It threads loosely into an 8-32 cutter on a wire stripper. I don't have my tap/ties in this state so not sure. Trying to avoid driving to Homo Depot....

Bilt is a brand name made for CycleGear by the a company called Shift. 
Shift and AlpineStars are  made in china so you will need to make a trip to Ace Hardware where they have a good assortment of metric screws.

Doug, sounds like a M3.5 thread.
If you have a hard time finding this size in local stores, you might try the Master-Carr website. They have an very extensive line of hardware.
Jorge

Call Ace,  some have those- some do not.
Ebay and Amazon (fast free shipping) have pan head m3.5 x 6  for $5 for 100 screws .

If it screws loosely into an 8-32 die, an 8-32 would probably replace them and be tight... (ie; not get lost)

Hi Doug!! Good to see ya post...

Ride safe, Ted