• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Does anyone have/ridden a K1600 GT?

x01660

On a Connie in a neighborhood near you
If you have, I'd love to hear about your opinions on it. Acceleration, comfort, handling, maintenence, cost, MPG, tire life, etc.

Thanks!

-x01660

1660, I know it, have ridden it, and many friends own it.

160 hp 6 cyl engine is the best in the business! Smooth, sweet engine and the GT is lighter and shorter than the GTL, so quick and easy handling(?).

It's maintenance is great (under warranty) and worrisome after that. Typical BMW dealer network is sparse and expensive.

I don't have a mpg # as I was only riding for 15 miles here, 30 miles there ... but most say good is 40+ overall. Tire life is what you pay for ...

Call Moon Motors in MN as they have 1 or 2 for sale.

1660, I know it, have ridden it, and many friends own it.

160 hp 6 cyl engine is the best in the business! Smooth, sweet engine and the GT is lighter and shorter than the GTL, so quick and easy handling(?).

It's maintenance is great (under warranty) and worrisome after that. Typical BMW dealer network is sparse and expensive.

I don't have a mpg # as I was only riding for 15 miles here, 30 miles there ... but most say good is 40+ overall. Tire life is what you pay for ...

Call Moon Motors in MN as they have 1 or 2 for sale.
Is it something you COULD work on? Or does it require special dealer tools to work on? I buy used, and prefer to attempt to do most common jobs myself, if possible.

I'm not looking to get one any time soon, but they look like a dream...

šŸ˜Ž

-x01660

1660, I think of it as my 'dream bike'... but no I don't think it's DIY friendly. Oil and tires, but most BMW proprietary stuff is dealer ($).

Yep.... got 2 buddies that have them. 1 of them is very well off and can afford the maintenance fees and paid cash for his. My other friend isn't and let's me know its costly. But they both love them.

Here's one for you - and it's red !

I'm saving for a wedding and a down payment, lol. SWMBO would go "Snapped" on me if I spent that on a bike right now, lol.

That said, that's VERY reasonable.... maybe after 9/2025...

šŸ˜Ž

-x01660

I owned a 12 K16. Love the motor! Handled good for a 700+ lb Moto. Too heavy especially when riding 2 up at low speeds. Stereo was a disappointment, BMW Bluetooth was terrible. Anything repair was expensive. The limited dealer network doesn't help either. Valve check will set ya back $1000 - $1500
Did I say the motor was awesome?