• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Doin' some shoppin'

predatornc

Tricycle
So there are not any Concours 14's in the immediate area of where I live, or at least the 3-4 closest dealers.  I have been looking online and don't mind to travel to pick one up for a good deal.  I like the 2011 silver and really like the 2010 blue so have found a couple online. 

They seem to hold their value pretty well.  I know a lot of times they want to get rid of the previous years models at a discount, which don't seem to be much compared to other bikes I have bought. 

So my question is...what would be a good "out the door" price for a 2010? 

I mean, it is "two years old" at this point, so i would think it should be a couple thousand off MSRP?  If i could get a 2010 for say $13,000 would that be a good deal?  I have never paid MSRP for anything I have ever bought!  >:D

This perticular 2010 is in FL and the first price they gave me out the door was like $14,800.  Course i have to buy a plane ticket and ride it 3 states home!  :)

If other don't mind sharing...what did you pay for yours?  Put the year you bought it, the year of the bike and how much it was "out the door"

Posted by: ChipDoc
« on: Today at 04:27:32 PM »

Here's a brand-new 2010 in Ocala, FL for $12k

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2010-Kawasaki-Concours----14-101178616

Yeah, i saw that too...see below.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:39 PM, <ocalasales@ridenow.com> wrote:

Gov Fee = sales tax, tag and title.  All of this money goes to the state.  Most states charge them.

--    So if i picked it up there would be these gov. fees?  what are they?  i've
    bought 3 bikes in the last 5 years, two being new out of the show room and
    never paid a gov. fee?  maybe a FL thing?

--    On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM, <ocalasales@ridenow.com> wrote:

> Joseph,
    >
    > $900.00 of that is governmental fees.  If you have the bike shipped we do
    > not charge the governmental fees.  You would have to NC sales tax a
    > registration fees when you register the bike there and the shipping.
    >
    > What would you offer for the bike?
    >
    > Dan
    >
--    > wow, almost $2900 more than listed, seems a bit much.  I am actually in NC
    >
--    > On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM, <ocalasales@ridenow.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Joseph,
    > >
    > > Thank you for your interest in the Concours14.  In order to give you an
    > > accurate quote I need to know what state and county you live in.  If you
    > > live in Marion County FL.  The price is $14,865.12.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Dan Mainwaring
    > >
--    > > Subject: ridenowocala Get A Quote Form
    > >
    > > First Name: Joseph
    > > Interested Year: 2010
    > > Interested Make: Kawasaki
    > > Interested Model: Concours 14
    > > Interested Stock: NEW
    > > Location: www.ridenowocala.com
    > > Comments: I am looking at the 2010 Concours.  I see that the price does
    > > not include any tax, freight, etc, etc.  Can you tell me what the out the
    > > door price for this bike would be?

Seemed a bit shady to me...if $900 is tax, title, tag...whats the other 2 grand for?!?! lol 

Flathead said:
Here's a couple... not too far away in the Atlanta area...
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/2801133370.html

That first one is kinda scary!  "Bike is in excellent shape, 100% ready to go anywhere. Owned by 30 year rider and not abused. It was involved in 1 mishap and all parts were replaced with OEM Kaw parts (Plastic only was damaged).

Need to sell due to Health Cond & Priced to move quickly."  :-\

Was the health condition created by the 1 mishap?!?!?! lol

The second one doesnt look bad at all though...thx for the links...kinda forgot about craigslist and ebay!

The second one doesnt look bad at all though...thx for the links...kinda forgot about craigslist and ebay!

No worries... Just a quick peek but I tried to stay with FSBO vs. dealers. I went through the same thing when I bought mine. ebay and craigslist in a 6 state area for weeks!

There out there just gotta find the right one for you :)

PredatorNC said:
Posted by: ChipDoc
« on: Today at 04:27:32 PM »

Here's a brand-new 2010 in Ocala, FL for $12k

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2010-Kawasaki-Concours----14-101178616

Yeah, i saw that too...see below.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:39 PM, <ocalasales@ridenow.com> wrote:

Gov Fee = sales tax, tag and title.  All of this money goes to the state.  Most states charge them.

--    So if i picked it up there would be these gov. fees?  what are they?  i've
    bought 3 bikes in the last 5 years, two being new out of the show room and
    never paid a gov. fee?  maybe a FL thing?

There are always fees out there, but in the end it's all paperwork.  Here's the paperwork you need: 120 pictures of Ben Franklin.  That bike's been sitting there for two seasons now.  They'll take one look at that cash and jigger the paperwork so that's what it'll cost you.  That's what happened when I bought used from a dealer in Kissimmee this past October.  You've got to be fair about it, because the dealer does have some costs, but cash has a way of talking in situations like this.

Try these guys. Bought a 2011 in Aug of '11. Rockingham NC. Silver is slicker. They claimed 12.7 OTD w/no taxes. Paid Nevada tax and 14 sumthin OTD. Paid for the plane ticket, had a great ride back across the country and still saved about 2k over local stealerships. Good people and had their stuff together. www.sportcycles.com Wish I had them as my local stealer.

Did you look at www.cycletrader.com?  Narrowing the search to just the 2010 and not limiting the miles from my house, I found 48 available bikes, both new and used.  Many had "call for price" indicated. 

Since you are willing to travel, it's time to start playing dealers off of each other for the best price.  If you'll take a used bike, you can save even more and get a few farkles added on as well.

Good luck. 

Just so you will have something to compare to: Purchased my 2010 W/ABS with 1575 miles on it for $12K The owner had already installed many of the options I wanted. Bike had been lowered, radiator cover, risers, hyper lights etc!

PS: YES it was the Cobalt Blue!

Regards
phillip

I also bought my 2011 Connie at Sportcycles in Rockingham, NC. $14,200 out the door. They currently have at least one 2012 for $13,798!!!

Rockingham isn't too far away either!  Thx for the info all!

I did swing by the local dealer today and low and behold they had gotten one in!
I got to sit on it a while and one of the guys i had done business with before came up to me and said, "if you can wait about 3 weeks i can get you some seat time!"  I said "oh Hell's Yeah!"
So they are getting some kind of demo passing thru and he is going to call me when it does.  Can you say 1-2 hr test drive! 

I do have to say that i went and looked at a FJR on Tuesday that they offered a test ride on (with approved credit  ;D) but i just cant get over the looks of the front, not to mention i felt a  bit cramped in the legs. 

So I will wait...3 agonizing long weeks until i can get a good ride on that beast and go from there.

Jeff or Keith at Sportcycles will treat you right, no surprises.  I drove from Virginia Beach and bought a Wing from them.  They are my first thought when thinking about new bikes and they are more than 5 hours away.  Good luck.

Ahhh....good ol' Va beach!  I love it there...lived there from '95-'98 while in the Navy. 

I will definitely talk to them while in my search.