• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dot's Restaurant - Wilmington, Vermont

COG-528

^-^

Dot's is a Family Style Restaurant that has served countless locals, vacationers, second home owners, and tourists for decades in Wilmington, VT.  All of you who have enjoyed eating at Dot's Restaurant while touring through the Mount Snow area were probably saddened by the impact of the Hurricane Irene flooding that hit Wilmington after the Green Mountain Rally. 

[size=12pt]Dot's is the white building in the foreground of this video.

Starting at the 1:30 mark of this video you can see the damage to Dots after the water had receded.
http://youtu.be/DOe8Vbm_9Tw

Well here is some good news.  Over the past few months John & Patty Reagan, the owners of Dot's, have been working very hard with business advisors, structural engineers, The Preservation Trust of Vermont, and contractors to come up with a plan to save Dots.  They are going to rebuild Dot's!  You can help contribute if you have fond memories of eating at Dot's and want to eat at Dot's on your next trip to Vermont.

Just click on the link rebuild Dot's to learn more.

So I sent a donation, $20 I think. A tank of Connie gas.  Today I got a hand written thank you note and I'm pretty much floored (one of the phrases my mother used to say I did to her a lot).  From this day forward, it will be a mandatory stop for at least a soda everytime I go thru the intersection of VT9 and VT100. 
8)