• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Drag strip

pilotlooking

Tricycle
I finally took my C1400 to the drag strip over at Bradenton last Thrs. night, it was a blast, I am not happy with my reaction time of 1.312 but I still got a 10.86 in the quarter at 126mph, on my gold wing I got a 0321 reaction time so I know the Connie is going to be better next time  ahhah  I sure have had fun with this bike, it seems to beat most 1000s up to around 120 or 130mph then they can go on around me, I have a turbo coming next month so that getting passed will quit. LOL

You do know reaction time plays no part of you et right? And is your connie bone stock? and what do you weigh? I was hoping to run 10.70's on mine bone stock.

To the OP - Yeah if your doin' a 10.86 on a bone-stock c14 thats really something.  :great: Also interested in your 60' time.

I am not a drag racer but have been down the track a few times on another bike. Just interested in how well this bike can do. I was thinking a really high ten second time would be sweet. 

:bravo_2:  congrats pilot! I want to take mine to a local strip. It's a bucket list thing. Did ya get to warm up the tires like they show on tv or did the linked brakes prevent you from doing so. :D

I did not do burn outs there at the track but I do them all the time without brakes on, the front brake does screw ya on that.

I just looked 1.84 on the 60ft mark, I got a 1.94 in 60ft on the gold wing  hahah  but it was a 12.787 in the quarter. on the wing. My bike is not totally stock , it has re fresh computer and a two brothers pipe, turbo is coming in first week of May