• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Drop Pegs

ramrider

Training Wheels
I recently installed motorcyclelarry drop foot pegs and then adjusted both the shift lever and the brake pedal for comfort. The shift lever adjustment was very easy. However when I adjusted the brake pedal, I noticed that the brake action was very hard. Double checking, I found that adjusting the position of the brake pedal lower really stretched the return spring. Replacing the OEM return spring with a longer spring solved the problem. Motorcyclelarry warns against grinding off the master brake cylinder adjustment rod for more adjustment with good reason. If you adjust the foot pedal too low, the backside of the pedal will strike the inside of the frame and you will not have full brake force. After adjusting the brake pedal, be sure that you have full brake pedal travel without feeling the brake pedal hitting a hard stop. The drop pegs sure do make the riding position more comfortable and are worth the effort.

I have Motorcycle Larry's pegs on my bike, too, and am very happy with them. The one thing to keep in mind, though, is if you're leaned way over in a turn you need to remember not to let your toes drop lower than the peg or you might get them jammed between the peg and the street. Foot boards on the Connie would be nice (at least for me) but would probably look weird... Mike Freeman COG# 8479 AMA# 998092 Present Beast(s): '06 Concours ("Iron Mistress") w/farkles: tank bra, fenda extenda, fairing flares, Shad top box; more to follow. My Connie's a work in progress... '89 Honda XR600 '07 Yamaha WR250 RIP: '82 Suzuki GS850G '74 Honda CB450K7 Regards,