• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dropped mine today

harrd99

Big Wheel
It finally happened. Going uphill, slowed to make a left turn into a gravel driveway. Next thing I know Connie is on her side and I am rolling down the hill. (It was pretty steep!) I didn't even have time to say "Oh sh..." I think there must have been some loose gravel on the pavement which kicked the front tire out. Only damage to the bike: one broken footpeg and a slight scrape on the left saddlebag. I was equally lucky: bruised ribs and embarrassment! By the time I got back to the bike, a couple of bystanders had shut her off and got her upright. I have to wait a week for the footrest to come in to my dealer- that should give me time to get over the stiffness. Dave

Dave, Is your bike a C10 or a C14? Also, just to confirm - the bike was going less than 5mph (parking lot speeds). Just want to make sure it fits my definition from the FAQ and not a crash. Boy, that sounds like quite the "Unplanned Experience" (new phrase I'm working on!). Glad to hear the damage was fairly minor to both you and the bike. The left peg is easier to replace than the right because you don't have to mess with the rear brake stuff. Greg COG # 7010/7010a (Tracey) CDA 0120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude (CDAAD) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle". 05 Ninja 250

Thanks for the clarification Dave. CDA0279; display it with pride! Welcome to the CDA club. Greg COG # 7010/7010a (Tracey) CDA 0120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude (CDAAD) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle". 05 Ninja 250