• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ducati 1199 Video

Beautiful bike. Too bad I couldn't stay tucked in that riding position long enough to really enjoy it!  :))

Super track day bike with a great sound!  At least I think it has a great sound - anybody know why guys who make vids like this ALWAYS lay music over the sound of the engine?  Least it wasn't a heavy metal loop like most of them use.

p.s. I'm with The Good Captain Bob on this one.  Riding positions like that are great for about 10 miles and then you die.

Why oh why can't Ducati make a street-tracker like this?  Just add lights, discs, instruments, etc. and you'd have a perfect machine for everything except LD touring.

2006-Highland-750-Dirt-Track.jpg

Beautiful, Beautiful!  How I wish I could have one of those!

I'm old and broken down, and never saw much value in the super-sport crouch, but after getting one on the track, I was amazed at how comfortable I was when going fast like that.  :)

An Italian soul, but oh the pain. Thirty years ago.......absolutely! To think the MV's are even more uncomfortable, but what a bike!

The Ducati Diavel is more my speed. I can't get into that position anymore. I'm 100 lbs. too heavy, and 20 years to old for that crouch. It is a beautiful bike though.