• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dunlop Motorcycle Tire Rebate thru 11/30

Daboo

I just ordered my new Dunlop Roadsmart IV tires. The rebate is good through 11/30. If you buy just the tires, the rebate is $40. If you get anything else done as part of purchasing the tires, like installation, balancing, etc. then the rebate goes up to $60.

The rebate website is https://www.dunlopmotorcycletires.com/experience/promotions/

I advise you to check to ensure the place you plan to buy your tires from, is one that Dunlop accepts for qualifying for the rebate. For instance, Revzilla isn't accepted, nor is any other online source that I can find. I went to Cycle Gear to check the price online, and found the tires were $30-40 more per tire than Revzilla's price...even though they are owned by the same company. On a spur-of-the-moment decision, I stopped in to my local Cycle Gear store and talked to the manager...and she immediately matched the Revzilla price. So I was able to buy my tires, from the store I had planned to order them from...and get the rebate.

FWIW, I wrestled with which tire to buy. It was down to the Dunlop Roadsmart III and IV, and the Continental Roadattack III. I like the Conti RA III tires very very much. With the rebate, the new Dunlop RS IV tires were actually just a few $$ less...and I'll get to see if the newest technology has made a difference. If no difference, then I'll go back to the Dunlop RS III...for a hundred dollars less, or the Conti RA III tires. None of the others are on my radar.

I don't need tires today. I probably won't need tires till next January or February. But no one will have a rebate for months after I need tires. It makes sense to me to get them in my garage now, and save a few bucks.

If I run out of room in the garage, I can also put them in my living room with a sheet of plywood on top and use them as a coffee table. I'm sure the wife won't mind. ;)

Chris

Cycle Gear has a special running on the Conti Road Attack 3's a 190/55 set is $174.99.

Let us know how you like those RS4s, I just had some Bridgestone S22s installed.

Good find;
NOTE: By buying thru Cycle Gear, they will change and balance the tires for $25 a wheel.

I recently posted a heads up on the last remaining Roadsmart II's.
(190/50-17 rear and 120/70-17 front)
NOTE: I won't say that the RD-II's are {quite} as good of tire as the ones you got, but their pretty close and the RS-II price is outstanding!
You can still get Dunlop RS-II's, for approx. $190 a "pair".
But, only a few are still available.

Ride safe, Ted