• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dunlop Tires for C14?

I just won a set of my choice of Dunlop tires from the local Cycle Gear store! After posting  http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,34525.0.html    a few weeks ago, which explained my handling issues, you guys almost unanimously agreed that the OEM Bridgestones need to be off asap. My question is this; do any of you have any experience on tires from Dunlop that would be appropriate for my 2010 Connie?
Thanks!

Lucky you  :beerchug:                                                                                                                                                                                              I changed from the oem tires to dunlop roadsmart last year. Have been very happy with them. The bike feels ligher on they are stable and have good grip in dry or wet. Did hope for more milage from the rear tire,but my ridingstyle and winding c roads with bad asphalt are hard on rear tires. And I had a small leakage from the tire valve a short period,so I had a few trips with little low tyre pressure. This will also shorten the milage .                                                                                                                                        Have bought a new set of roadsmarts,but have changed 55 profile on the rear tyre.
Roadsmart II are another option. Was my first choice but I  had to wait very long to get the 55 rear tire.
Didn`t bother to wait so long.
And now I can compare the 50/55 differences directly. Have not fittet the new tyres yet. Will write a review after testing in different conditions
I use 44 psi front and rear. Maybe more at the rear with the 55 profile,will do some test on that to.

Think you will be happy the dunlops.

This is just my experience,others can have other experiences

Cheers from Norway

Michelin PR 3's if second best tires won't do. And if you want it to turn in MUCH quicker and your speedo error to be less get the size 190/55 over the 190/50
bigthumb.gif