• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dynotronics ECU reFlash review

bagger

Moped
I spoke with Joe at Dynotronics on the phone and via email several times and decided to have the ECU on my C14 reFlashed when I was having Traxxion front suspension added to my bike.  Since the bike was going to be 'down' for a while, I  tho't this would be an ideal time for the reFlash.

The ECU was sent out and came back in just a couple days.  There was some hold up with the Traxxion bits and they had to be sent to Traxxion for some customization.  All went well ... we even added Ronnie's Highway Pegs (which work great!).

Anyway, the remapped ECU took a while to "learn" it's new stuff.  Just under 100 miles the bike came to life!  Wow !  I do not have any dyno data on the new reFlashed bike, but it is certainly much quicker revving.  The bike also seems to have better low end torque and spools thru the gears faster and smoother.

Bottom line is .... I like what I have with the Dynotronics reFlashed ECU.  Joe was great to deal with, answering all my questions and responding in a timely manner.  And, the bike is just so much more than it was as a stocker.  I'm very happy!  With the Holeshot single can exhaust and the reFlash, I would estimate the increase in power is around 12, maybe 15 HP.  Just a SOTP guess, tho.

BTW, I think Joe is running a 'special' on reFlashing C14 ECUs.  Check out his web site, or search the posts.  Usual no affiliation stuff applies.

Bagger, this is good to hear, and I'm glad that we have more than just one option available for ECU reflashing. Competition will result in a better product and more choices for owners.

Any chance you could put the bike on a dyno and provide a dyno run chart?

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
Bagger, this is good to hear, and I'm glad that we have more than just one option available for ECU reflashing. Competition will result in a better product and more choices for owners.

Any chance you could put the bike on a dyno and provide a dyno run chart?

Yes, Fred .... I am very happy with the way my bike now runs.  Joe did a nice job for me.

I'm not sure where there is a dyno near me, tho.  Central CT ??

I'd like to hook up a dyno run with the single can Holeshot exhaust and reFlashed ECU ... then put on the dual Holeshot and ZX14 header on the bike and repeat.  See if the ECU needs to be 'tweaked' or not.  But, not sure where to get a dyno run.

I'm not sure you will find GTR/C14 information on Joe's web site.  I contacted him by email 1st, then called him.  He's reFlashed a lot of European CTR/C14 bikes.  They seem to be pleased.

Cap'n Bob said:
So what is his web site that applies to the C14?

Bob, very little on our website pertains to the GTR. But then again, very little pertains to the files we write everyday for the BMW Moto GP teams we tune for in Europe. I guess I could stop and have our webmaster get the bike stuff up, but I just don't have the time.

Please feel free to call me if you need any direct answers to your questions

dynotronics1 said:
Cap'n Bob said:
So what is his web site that applies to the C14?

Bob, very little on our website pertains to the GTR. But then again, very little pertains to the files we write everyday for the BMW Moto GP teams we tune for in Europe. I guess I could stop and have our webmaster get the bike stuff up, but I just don't have the time.

Please feel free to call me if you need any direct answers to your questions

Thank you for the offer. But I personally don't have a need for a C14 re-flash at the this time. I was actually looking for a website, that I can create a link for in the "Farkle vendor directory". This is for use by forum members looking for this type of information. If you would like a website link included in said section. I can make it happen, if you create a web page! So it's up to you!  ;)

Bagger
Newengland cycleworks in Groton (rte184) is holding a dyno day on Sat July 2
I had mine dynoed there back in the being of May, cost was 80.00

http://www.newenglandcycleworks.com/event_calendar.asp?sid=01868708X6K27K2011J3I38I09JPMQ498R0&month=7&year=2011&SUBMIT=Go

Dr. Dyno is normally the one doing the dyno's, but it is not listed on his site

Dr. Dyno is from Stonington Ct.  website  http://www.drdyno.com

Bill

Thanx, Bill .... nice to see someone who prolly knows what they are doing when they run the dyno.

Not sure I can make it this weekend, but may be able to hook up with Dr. Dyno directly at some other time.

I've never had this done to any of my bikes.  Anything in this procedure that would have negative effects on the bike?