• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dynotronics reflash done .....update....

bob14

Ok so after this weekend I'll know more but so far  :).
First impression on my short ride in to work at 4:00am .
Throttle response is much more linear and acceleration is better .
Understand I live near LEO's barn and they are coming in around the time I take off to work
so I only had a few run ups. The bike pulls stronger from a stop and a quick glance at the speedo ( remember LEO)
showed possibly a few MPH ( 5 ?) better thru the first 2 gears somewhere around 7-8 k (remember LEO).Once on base all I could do was check the dash for MPG.
at 30 in second just under 3 grand 37 to 38 mpg. If I remember it used to be 34.5.

Background
Stock bike with Area P pipe and K&N filter. I was running a PCIII ( which will be for sale )with Jamie's fuel ecno map.I had done as Fred suggested and run power to the PCIII from the aux up front because there was a small stumble out of the gate in the morning and he attributed that the the PCIII ( it did help) . I have removed the PCIII and this morning out of the gate was very smooth with no issues.
understand I never pulled the flies and never felt the need to so that might give you a view on my perspective. This weekend (if the frickin wind ever stops) Mama is ready to go for a ride
and I'm wanting to see how 2 up , higher speed, longer runs and MPG turn out. Saturday looks better as far as wind 20 + but right now Sunday and Monday some predictions are 40 + so we'll see.

Dynotronics
Joe was very helpful ,easy to work ,with did as he said  and offered his help in making changes down the road. Thanks Joe. I have no problem
recommending Dynotronics to anyone here. He will also tailor the map ( flies out ?) to your wants. I chose his "standard map " for now ,just seemed to suit my needs.

bob

update  ( disclaimer: Im not a techno-moto-expert I've just been riding since I was 16 and now I'm 56 )

Ok so we (Mama on back ) finally got out for more that a ride to work here is what I noticed:
on the flat heading toward the highway I rolled it up to 7 k and 10k in second and still I can't believe how smooth the run up is compared to stock.
got there in a flash and VERY linear . Out thru the canyon to South 14 and the twisties LEO was everywhere. so limited speed but a lot less shifting than normal.
Was able to roll it up thru the turn easier with Mama and with an even consistency no small jerk like before. I can't tell you why... but the bike runs smoother that before (see disclaimer) .I was paying attention to every little thing today and  after this mod I give the connie a 15 % increase in ride-ability to what I thought was a great bike to start with.
I also noted the bike never got to temperature ( for me 1 bar over half) and found no environmental reasons for that
By the indications on the dash a slight increase in MPG also ( 2-4 mpg ?) I didn't bother calculating milage this ride because we hit a 30 mph tail wind going out and a 40 mph head wind coming back. The dash showed a 15 + loss of MPH coming back. So next time I'll check MPG.

Bump to Joe for the good job IMHO it was well worth it .Some might need a Dyno run for proof  but for me ,at my age ,the seat dyno works fine.
Wind expected to increase so off to check out the breweries . By june 4 new ones this year in Albuquerque !!!!

P>S> the PCII is for sale

Glad to hear it. Its great we now have options other than removing the butterflies and adding a Power Commander.

What year model is you bike?

Sorry, you can't go any faster at the same rpm you used to by changing anything in the engine.  You have to change gearing.
Later,
Norm

The Wanderer said:
Sorry, you can't go any faster at the same rpm you used to by changing anything in the engine.  You have to change gearing.
Later,
Norm
you can get to  speed quicker though. Otherwise why pull the flies ?
but I'm just an old dummie

Fred
it is an 08

Howdy,
Yes you would get there much faster.  Welcome to the Old Dummies Club, I think I was president once???
Later,
Norm

The Wanderer said:
Howdy,
Yes you would get there much faster.  Welcome to the Old Dummies Club, I think I was president once???
Later,
Norm
If you can't remember if you were president you were the grand pooh baha
if I remember the rules.
regardless the re flash made a big in difference in the performance ..... I think.
I might get a short 100mi in this weekend before the winds crank up
better description of the mod available
or a trip to the new brewery on 4 wheels... depends on Ma nature

Did you have the Power Commander before?  Any difference in preformance between PC and Flash?    Did you send the ECU in or take the bike to them?  How is pricing? 

texcoonazz said:
Did you have the Power Commander before?  Any difference in preformance between PC and Flash?    Did you send the ECU in or take the bike to them?  How is pricing?
Yes I ran the PCIII with Jamie's fuel ecno map.(PCIII with said map is for sale for  good offer )
Performance is quite a bit better better with the reflash ( tomorrow we'll get out in the morning for a longer shakedown run )
Sent the ECU in . Pricing 400$ plus shipping.
Joe will work with you on the "map" ask questions and tell him what you want ,then go from there.
Pray for us that we might get a few good hours without 40 mph winds.
bob