• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Electronic Flasher

slybonesjesse

Sport Tourer
What do we need for an electronic flasher to go with LED bulbs for the turn signals. Any specific brand/model that is plug n play? 2003 Concours, 58K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

I just made a "visual horn" for my C10 by wiring up a Whelen LINZ6 strobe in the horn grill and a button to fire it off at the base of my clutch lever. This particular strobe had its own integrated flasher. I would recommend Southwest Public Safety (SWPS.com). Great service and good prices. They have every option in the book when it comes to strobes and flashers (a bit confusing, though).

Actually I was thinking flasher as in that little black think under the dash that controls the rate of speed turn signals flash at. Seems most of them are load sensitive. And when LED bulbs are used, or even lower wattage bulbs the flash rate is not correct. There are flashers that are designed to work with LED bulbs and provide the correct flash rate for the turn signals. Looking for one that plugs into the Connie and/or a Ninja 250. 2003 Concours, 58K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

You can use a 2 prong capacitive discharge one. They are designed for continous use, like for pilot cars. They run as a timer, not load sensitive. I think they used to run about $25 to $30. The wiring diagram shows 3 wires to the orig. one, but you only need the 2 colored ones (the black/yell is a ground). Don