• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Error code reset

leebiker75182

Concours 14 shop manual I have claims to cover year 2012, but error code reset instructions refer to grounding the purple wire to the BLK/YEL wire--which are under the seat near the primary ECU & toolbox. At this (under the seat) location I have the KAW diagnostic (6 pin-white) connector & ABS diagnostic connector (black, 6 pin). Which wire should I (ground) for the error code delete process?

Did you try something as simple as disconnecting the battery? Or pulling the ECM fuse ( not 100% it even has a separate fuse).

Yes, disconnected the battery. My manual is from 2007( first edition) for:'1400GTR, CONCOURS 14 ABS, CONCOURS 14'. In the brakes section 12-42, p. 508, it says " ground self diagnosis terminal [A],(GRAY) To the ground terminal (blk/yellow) ,ANd--with a picture. " count the blinks of the light to read service code". Service code clearing procedures" is the next paragraph.
I believe the model changes in 2010,, are ( obviously) not described in my version of the manual. Thanks for your help

Yes, I am asking about ABS brake error code. : screen message is; "K-ACT ABS ERROR"
The bike was abandoned for 2 yrs(not by me), a furry creature crewwed through the front ABS sensor cable--I re-connected the wire. Many spiders had a web party in there & mice left many,many shells from their nut festival

Yes, disconnected the battery. My manual is from 2007( first edition) for:'1400GTR, CONCOURS 14 ABS, CONCOURS 14'. In the brakes section 12-42, p. 508, it says " ground self diagnosis terminal [A],(GRAY) To the ground terminal (blk/yellow) ,ANd--with a picture. " count the blinks of the light to read service code". Service code clearing procedures" is the next paragraph.
I believe the model changes in 2010,, are ( obviously) not described in my version of the manual. Thanks for your help

Yes, that's the procedure for gen 1 bikes. Gen 2 is a button pressing sequence on the dash. Do you have Ownere's Manual?

I pushed the top and bottom buttons simultaneously. This revealed "error code 43- disconnect with abs front sensor". I found that the sensor wires had been broken in two places, not one. In essence, every time I turn the key on, self-diagnostics program detected the wiring fault to the ABS brake sensor. Therefore I could not reset or erase (KTRAC ERROR). Essentially, the code was revealed again every key turn because it was still a problem.
I soldered wires. Problem fixed!!šŸ˜† Thanks Freddy,, you got me pushing buttons instead of looking at wires (only troubleshooting the manual states: " take the bike to your authorized Kawasaki Service dealer"