• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Event details for CCCC#7

IronButtAl

He's some info that you need for next weekend;
There's about 7 or 8 tent spots on the north side of the house, which is where everything will happen for fire and eating activities. If you are not a late night person, I suggest you set your tent on the south side of the house (right side facing house from the street). We usually go late into the night around the fire, so you'll be subjected to loud conversations. Yeah, ear plugs do work........but. Lots of room for you to be away from the hub bub on the other side.

I'm out in the country, so there's a well and septic tank to consider. The water is not an issue, but we need to go easy on the septic tank. I'll have a nice porta potty conveniently located for your use, and encourage everyone to use it as much as possible. I plan to have lights, music and candles in it to make it more attractive to use, and realize the guys have it a little easier. Knowing all of this, please use your common sense when needing to "go".

Realizing not everyone is a porta pottie friendly user, I want you to know that there's a half bath right off the kitchen, which is the side that we'll have all of the eating and fire activities at. With a sink and toilet, this can be used for shaving, washing and "going". This wasn't mentioned in the original post

We can shower, but need to stagger this also, so please plan accordingly. Can't hit the showers with 10 to 15 people in line. Late night or early morning showers will help here, so as to lessen the load also. Bring your towel & soap.

You can leave your stove, cook set, air pump and coolers home. Please do bring a bag chair or two if it's easy to pack. You will be parking on grass, so bring a side stand puck. There's a Hess gas/convenience store 2.3 miles away for you to get fuel and buy YOUR favorite beverage. There will be a container holding 15.5 gallons of an adult beverage here for after all riding is done, but maybe you'll want to bring something with you.
Please contact me for any questions or concerns, and I'll get back to you.  Al
IronButtAl@tampabay.rr.com

It's pretty much the dry season in Florida now, with rain every 10 days or 2 weeks only. Expect temps in the mid to upper 70's, and night around 55 to 60. That's the current trend this week, and expect that trend to continue for our ride.

Squuuueeeeeeee!
Can't wait to see everyone! The bear hat is already packed, along with a new uh...hat for Steve to model, thanks to my trip to Fantasy fest a few weeks ago!

:beerchug:

It occurs to me that you would fit right in with the Fantasy Fest. Love your spirit girl. What did we talk about for your sleeping accommodations next weekend? Its been some time, and there's a lot of couples coming, so things get lost in the conversation over time.                  Al

IronButtAl said:
It occurs to me that you would fit right in with the Fantasy Fest. Love your spirit girl. What did we talk about for your sleeping accommodations next weekend? Its been some time, and there's a lot of couples coming, so things get lost in the conversation over time.                  Al
I was told a room was reserved for Dave and I.  ;D
And yes, I am indeed in my element at FF. It also helps that I have a buddy there, who has lots of other buddies, so a good time was had by all.  ;)

Al,

Just sent you a PM. I'm not going to be able to make it. We are moving Kay's father into assisted living, from Alabama to Georgia, and my services are required. So, you will have one extra tent space available.

Ya'll have fun and maybe next year.

Kurt

Can't wait to see "your " new hat Steve! 

We (gals) need to keep the guys on their toes.... :rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao: :nananana: :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone....  Al, I'll bring the collapsible Hilton...  Save me a spot
on the South side of the house... ample spacing from the Mad Russian please...  :truce:

Wife and I made some "Apple Pie Moonshine" for the holidays, so I'll bring some of that too.
(Should be able to use it if I run low on fuel too....  :D)

Any nice roads to try if I'm coming from the east coast?  Should I just slab it there?

Mcfly said:
Looking forward to seeing everyone....  Al, I'll bring the collapsible Hilton...  Save me a spot
on the South side of the house... ample spacing from the Mad Russian please...  :truce:

Wife and I made some "Apple Pie Moonshine" for the holidays, so I'll bring some of that too.

Any nice roads to try if I'm coming from the east coast?  Should I just slab it there?

Way cool on the shine.

You could do a route like this here. Co42 is most excellent from SR44 to Weirsdale. And most of the rest doesn't suck too bad.

http://goo.gl/maps/9nv2t

SteveJ. said:
Mcfly said:

Way cool on the shine.

You could do a route like this here. Co42 is most excellent from SR44 to Weirsdale. And most of the rest doesn't suck too bad.

Thanks Steve!  I'll give it a go.  Really like stayin' north of Oh-Man-No.  :great:

Mcfly said:
SteveJ. said:
Mcfly said:

Way cool on the shine.

Thanks Steve!  I'll give it a go.  Really like stayin' north of Oh-Man-No.  :great:

Did you mean Whhhhhooooorrrrrrelando?  ;)

Yeah I'm a nooB..... ;D

and I noticed event start date 11/15. Teressa won't be up till late Friday,  we'll be up Saturday and set up a tent.  Is there any certain time we need to be up there for a group ride or such or is it just a hanging out scenario Saturday ?  Thanks!

A lot of riders are coming in on Thursday, and most everyone will be in on Friday sometime. Get here as soon as you can. Likely we'll be heading to breakfast around 8:30am on Saturday to the B W Rexhall Drug in Inverness. Do not think this is your typical "drug store", and we have a special room away from the main dinning room. You'll understand after you've been there. Is there any chance of you getting out on Friday?
Bring your sleeping bags, towel and soap. Most everything else will be here. If you can make it earlier, I'd suggest you do so. Friday night burgers & dogs will be at 5:00. If you can't make it any earlier than Saturday, I'll put you on some routes to see if you can catch up with one of the two groups on two different rides. I'll be here all day Saturday smoking and grilling for supper at 5:00pm
Feel free to call me for any questions.  352 860 1014                  aL

Bike all packed this past weekend and waiting for me to fly home and bust halfway back to Atlanta! OK, your just an hour north of me, at least its not like going to Georgia to work, come home by plane only to get on the bike to ride BACK to Georgia for lunch! Ha! Always fun!! We did keep that plaque right?

Bringing some genuwhine home made North Dakota Red Eye I picked up special while traveling to the National. Made by my actual married kin! Plus my usuall Tennesee Honey. Mmmmm, a couple nice cozy evenings by the fire. Can't wait.  :beerchug: There's not a photo emoticon thingy is there? Someone! Make one! STAT!

Literally counting the hours before I get on the plane....

Mike

IronButtAl said:
A lot of riders are coming in on Thursday, and most everyone will be in on Friday sometime. Get here as soon as you can. Likely we'll be heading to breakfast around 8:30am on Saturday to the B W Rexhall Drug in Inverness. Do not think this is your typical "drug store", and we have a special room away from the main dinning room. You'll understand after you've been there. Is there any chance of you getting out on Friday?
Bring your sleeping bags, towel and soap. Most everything else will be here. If you can make it earlier, I'd suggest you do so. Friday night burgers & dogs will be at 5:00. If you can't make it any earlier than Saturday, I'll put you on some routes to see if you can catch up with one of the two groups on two different rides. I'll be here all day Saturday smoking and grilling for supper at 5:00pm

Thanks - We'll be there before 8:30 AM Saturday for sure, I may make a ride up Friday and then back down to meet Teressa when she arrives Tampa late Fri night

Steve said:
IronButtAl said:

Thanks - We'll be there before 8:30 AM Saturday for sure, I may make a ride up Friday and then back down to meet Teressa when she arrives Tampa late Fri night

:great:

I have to work Friday and figure it would be better to ride up Saturday morning instead of Friday night. I would like to join in on one of the rides if I can get a rest in after my trip. Maybe there will be a straggler or two left when I get into town. Al, I will let you know when I leave the house.
Jason

J said:
I have to work Friday and figure it would be better to ride up Saturday morning instead of Friday night. I would like to join in on one of the rides if I can get a rest in after my trip. Maybe there will be a straggler or two left when I get into town. Al, I will let you know when I leave the house.
Jason

Teressa and I are leaving in the wee hours Saturday morning to be there in time for the 8:30 AM fun and festivities.  If you're coming through Tampa and care to join us you're welcome too
bigthumb.gif

Steve,

What time and where you rolling out from? I just have to submit time and receipts and a status report before I can head out.

Mike

Bugnut said:
Steve,

What time and where you rolling out from? I just have to submit time and receipts and a status report before I can head out.

Mike

I'm going in the wee hours Saturday morning, probably leaving around 6-6:15 AM.  Teressa is a new rider so we'll be easing our way up.  You're welcome to join us  :great:

Excellent. Maybe a stop part way for a breaky snack? Where you want to meet up?

Just about to leave for airport so won't reply till later tonight.

But I will make it unless you want to meet at my place. Just over in Riverview, 2 minutes from 75.

Mike

Teressa and I are leaving in the wee hours Saturday morning to be there in time for the 8:30 AM fun and festivities.  If you're coming through Tampa and care to join us you're welcome too
bigthumb.gif

[/quote]

Thanks, I'll be coming by way of the turnpike from the West Palm Beach area. I don't plan on leaving before 6

Bugnut said:
Excellent. Maybe a stop part way for a breaky snack? Where you want to meet up?

Just about to leave for airport so won't reply till later tonight.

But I will make it unless you want to meet at my place. Just over in Riverview, 2 minutes from 75.

Mike

Riverview is opposite direction, we'd have to get up even way earlier  ;D

My house would be wrong way for you too having to cross Tampa towards the gulf.  How about the Waffle House at I-75 and Wesley Chapel Rd on the north side of Tampa at 7 Saturday morning? 

https://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=Waffle+House&fb=1&gl=us&hq=waffle+house&hnear=0x88c2b0ddf8a16433:0xeffd9fcf6db33e5a,Wesley+Chapel,+FL&cid=0,0,5975385820848368889&ei=hm-FUoufO8XxkQe5y4Ao&ved=0CKABEPwSMAo

Call me a maroon. :-[ I just caught that you are heading up Saturday. Even though you've written it a couple times. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Sorry brother. Gonna leave tomorrow morning and will see ya up there Saturday.

Just as a certain wraskly wabbit said, what a maroon.  :smiley_confused1:

Ride safe, cya!
Mike

Bugnut said:
Call me a maroon. :-[ I just caught that you are heading up Saturday. Even though you've written it a couple times. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Sorry brother. Gonna leave tomorrow morning and will see ya up there Saturday.

Just as a certain wraskly wabbit said, what a maroon.  :smiley_confused1:

Ride safe, cya!
Mike

Right on, you ride safe too.  I'll be rollin' up on this bike Saturday!

1399579_10201137454933110_56200444_o.jpg

My brother in law used to host a similar thing each year. A major bbq with ribs and various potluck items, followed by a big bonfire and tent camping. In the morning, we had a huge breakfast, then we were on our way. It was called Bones-N-Bags, for rib bones and sleeping bags.