• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Evitek H4 headlight bulb new user question

gusto

Got the evitek from amazon per recommendations here. Install was easy. The halogen bulb that was in there was hotter than stock and was decent. The new led is awesome! Color is great it's not blue thank goodness! The low beam to high beam patterns look a bit strange though. Maybe it's the scatter not controlled by the hood in there? Low beam seams to low to the ground and high beam is perfect!! Right where I want it. It's like just run the low during the day for conspicuity and both at night. With both on it seams like modern car led headlight output in my opinion I did lower the adjustment and ended moving it back where it was. Can I hear your experiences with this bulb? I am very pleased all in all.  Nice dark ride to work at 6am so I'll have a ride report tomorrow thanks!  Gus

Well I'm a little disappointed.  The light out put is not as good as I hoped. It illuminates the lines in the road and signs great but not " on the ground- on out there" as i hoped for. Luckily for me my car takesh4 bulbs and I'm going try them there.

The halogen that was in there says "osram" 60/55w. I dunno if that's slyvanisvorvahat. I think made in Germany iirc-- it's going back in tonight

I don't trust LED bulbs for my bikes! I've heard too many people say that the higher vibration bikes make, blows the LED...and you have just one lamp. standard bulbs have 2, high and dipped.  I use 'Ring Xenon Max' bulbs, said to give 100% more output than a standard bulb. Very bright, and if the normal dipped filament blows I can ride home on high beam, plus its very easy to pick up a H4 bulb if needed.
I do have a pair of LED spotlamp/DRL's fitted, these are excellent for making yourself visible to others, and do light up the road right in front of you, just don't have the same distance benefits of the high output bulbs.
I have a 44" LED light bar on my 4x4...now that does light up things!  ;D

I got this for mine and no problems at all. I live in metro detroit and roads are nothing but potholes and I have no problems with vibrations or having the burn out. I only paid $20 for two and they are bright.

Attachments

• E136221F-4156-4D31-AE93-309A511A5251.jpeg
    E136221F-4156-4D31-AE93-309A511A5251.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 123
connie1079 said:
I got this for mine and no problems at all. I live in metro detroit and roads are nothing but potholes and I have no problems with vibrations or having the burn out. I only paid $20 for two and they are bright.

Do you have a link to which bulb that is?