• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

F1 @ COTA

Cap'n Bob

Cota looks like quite the nice facility. I really enjoyed the coverage that Speed aired of the race weekend. It brings back a lot of memories living in Austin. I wish I was there live, but what a great race Vettle and Hamilton had. I can't wait for the finally next week. Maybe I can make down for next years race.  :)

According to the local news the entire event went off very well.  Traffic out to the race was better then I expected from what I saw.  Traffic home looked a bit rougher but that is normal when everyone is trying to move at once.  The track will be awesome for MotoGP too and travel to and from should be better.  That is one nice track.  I hope I can put my bike on it someday.

Was just in Austin for work, and as the jet was circling to the airport I looked out the window, and there was the new track/facility!  I had hoped to have some time to drive out and at least see the place, but ended up working pretty long hours- going to work in the dark and leaving in the dark is no fun.  :-[  Did speak to a lady photographer I met at the restaurant opening (I was providing IT/POS support) who did some work for the F1 event, she said it was pretty awesome.

Still have the April MotoGP race on my calendar for a long ride... hope I can make it work.