• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fairing Extensions Installation

samonty63

I purchased a set of European style fairing extensions with trim from Murph's Kits.

Does anyone have any close-up pics so I can see how they install?

The rubber trim pieces are long enough to go the full length of the fairing.
Do I cut this to fit?

Found a pic on the net for ya.  I can't imagine that you could mess up installing these.  I love mine.  Get one of those foam noodles kids play with in a pool, cut to size, and fill the second hole in the lower fairing on each side.  It helps to keep the feet warm in cold weather.  Cool weather is coming!

Attachments

• C10 Fairing Extenders.jpg
    C10 Fairing Extenders.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 179
Scott, as Bud has posted, the install is pretty much self explanatory, no way to install them on the wrong sides. Once you take it for a ride in the cooler weather, you'll wonder how you ever made do w/out them.  Also helps keeping the legs dryer when riding in the rain..

Yeah, as stated, you don't need to mess with the rubber trim piping, line them up, install the screws, enjoy in cooler weather.

Bud,

Thanks for the pic, the only ones I could find were on bikes for sale and were either from a distance or a bad angle.

Yes it is obvious which is left and right, Tje trim that was shipped with them was so long I thought I was missing something.

The trim, if its what i think it is, runs along the seam from the mirror all the way down to the end of the belly pan if you choose to use it. It should already be on the bike.