• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fast Lane transponder holder

Well on my 2008, I kept the EZ-Pass (NY's version) in the glove compartment. But on the 08-09, the glove compartment is on top of the tank. I have a motorcycle only tag which I kept upside down (like being attached inside the windshield) in the right front of the glove box. It worked every time for the three years I had the bike. Now the 2010-11 have the glove box in the left side filler panel. From what I understand, the tags may not work as good in there. Maybe somebody with the 2010-11 will jump in and give feedback on it.

I keep my FasTrak (Northern California equivalent) in an outside pocket-pouch on my Hi-Viz vest. Sorry, I haven't tried mounting it on the bike itself although I suspect you can find an appropriate size holder for the aftermarket Ram mounts.

toss a small magnetic tank bag on (cortech super-mini), with a clear map holder.  stick transponder in the map holder.  always reads and you have convenient storage now too.  cannot go wrong.

There is a guy where I work that rides a Speed Tripple with a shield and has just put his in a plastic pouch double-side-taped to the bottom inside of his shield. Seems to work for him and shield/pouch protected from elements. Of course we have covered private parking with security cams above our parking spot so no worries about it growing legs..

On my 10' I stuck it up under the fairing on the opposite side to the glove box, facing the same way it would on the windscreen.

Today was the first ride on RT90 in Mass and it worked perfectly twice.