• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Finally found one!

triplehooked

Training Wheels
I found this baby in Chicago after looking at four other C-10's. It came with three shields, two seats, fairing extenders, a rear rack with large bag, a few touring goodies here and there (pegs lowered, handlebars raised, throttle meister, etc), and a meticulous maintenance record. This fella only took it to a Kawasaki dealer for service. At 50k it went in for a stator, water pump, cam tensioners, plus the usual complete tune up just because he figured it was due. All documented btw, I read through the book of maintenance records personally....  :dance: It currently has 64,000 on it. These are the kind of bikes I love to find. It runs perfect, but I will be looking for a Russel day long as the Corbin has me schooching for comfort after about 2 hrs. I'll give the original seat a try as it looks new and I've heard they aren't too bad.  The smaller 21" shield was removed and I installed the taller 24" one, I will probably be selling the 21" shield to fund other farkles.  I have no idea as to what brand it is as there are no names on any of the shields, except the original, obviously. Probably will be selling the Corbin seat too once I have a lead on a nice touring seat, I can't afford $600+ for a new one! I know this is bragging but I have to say this bike has the be the finest example of an '88' in my area, it's super clean! The wife and I will be heading on a NE coast ride this fall for our anniversary, maybe we'll see ya on the road!

P.S  Any suggestions/observations on this bike are welcomed as we are new to touring... Thanks

Attachments

• Motorcycle 015 (Small).jpg
    Motorcycle 015 (Small).jpg
    629.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Motorcycle 009 (Small).jpg
    Motorcycle 009 (Small).jpg
    626 KB · Views: 92
Great score! Looks like the previous owner spent more time polishing it than riding it (that's what some members said a few weeks back, when I presented my "new" '03 with 19,000KMs on the clock).

Enjoy!

Simon

Thanks, I love the color of the '03'. I had a lead on one earlier this year that needed a fairing, but the dealer and I couldn't agree on a price so I had to let it pass. I'm glad I did now, this baby has been pampered...

Very nice! I love the red and it does not look to be 23 years old (same age as me :) )  Sounds like you've got about everything upgraded on it except for all of Steve's performance parts.  Take good care of her and she'll take good care of you.

Thank you, I get a lot of compliments on it. I swapped out the Corbin seat for the original one. I think the original may be more comfortable, but the wife wants a back rest... So I guess I'll be hitting the archives here to see which back rest people like the best! Thanks everyone for the welcome!