• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

First ride with Bohn Armor...

Well, I bought some Bohn Armor gear - shirt/pants. I took my maiden voyage with them on Saturday and got to test them out.

I was hitting the back roads and started to go through a covered bridge. Unfortunately, I could not see the wooden planks that were raised on about 2 inches. The planks were running vertically, so when my bike tried to cross over one, I went down and slid with the bike. Fortunately, I was only going about 15 mph.

I will need a new right-side fairing (?) but I only have a small scratch on my right forearm.

helmet: full face Arai RX-Q
armor gear: Bohn Armor top and bottom, riding gloves
riding boots

Generally we expect a ride report that says the gear was loose/tight/cold/hot/uncomfortable/etc .... I don't know that any of us expected you to test the gear in quite that manner. 

Glad YOU are okay.  Sorry to hear about the mishap.