• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FJR compare

ibdave

Bicycle
Compared to my former C10(s)FJR (2006) has: better brakes, ABS, linked rear brake, WAY better suspension and handling, better instumentation, more power, smoother, movable windshield is nice. Fairing protection in bad weather is worse, breeze in hot weather is better. There is NOT a heat problem C14 sat on at Canaan but didn't ride. Felt heavier and more top heavy, seat hieght too high for me (5'9") could hardly get it off side stand, price too spendy

The heat problem was solved in the '06 FJR. There IS a heat problem in the '04s & '05s. raulb 2003 Connie COG #6043 CDA #281 AMA #699463 "It may not be smart or correct, but it's one of the things that make us what we are." --Red Green, "The New Red Green Show"isisisis

The system commonly employed by my friends and acquaintances for bikes that are 'too spendy' is this one. Wait until the end of September and review the local newspaper. It is at the end of September that the middle-aged-plus men of the area who have purchased new motorcycles at the beginning of summer and put 250 miles on them realize that they far prefer the comfort of their cage to the freedom of the motorcycle and put it up for quick sale prior to service and overwintering. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for us, it is late in the season and Average Joe is no longer looking for a bike... but we who have long been plotting the purchase of that particular bike are... :)

I went from a '93 Conc to an '03 Feejer and the heat is no worse with the FJR in my opinion. I do miss the superior weather protection the Connie offers though. I keep looking at the C14 but I really cannot justify the money for the small difference in perfomance...

The heat problem was solved in the '06 FJR. There IS a heat problem in the '04s & '05s. raulb
Lemme say, I have an '04 and I am so happy with its "heat problem" today, I can't tell you. My legs stay relatively warm in the cold weather. In the summer, with protective clothing, I don't really whine about it too much. I honestly think it was a tempest in a teapot. $0.02 Bob "Flylooper" Burns COG #5887 E Clampus Vitus, YB#1 '04 FJR 1300
VisitedStatesMap.jpg