• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Florida to Maine in 2 Days

flyindudette

Big Wheel
After being overseas for a few years I finally got around to digging my 95 Concours out of the garage! 

Only problem being it was in Florida...but I now live in Maine.

Dad and I flew down and got it all fixed up.  He changed the oil, carbs, put in the new battery and I washed and waxed. 

We set out the first day and by the time we hit the Carolinas I wanted to die.  Being that its July and all...it was about 200 degrees.  My concours is a very hot bike...so we endured hours of hot burning air blasted back from the engine. 

When we hit Virginia it all changed.  Winding up and through the mountains was much cooler and more fun! 

I'm so happy to have my Concours with me again!!  Lets ride!

Sweet! I grew up in Maine and live in NH now.

Welcome to the forum!

I have been known to organize rides and will do so again, but right now I am getting a second Connie ready to go to the national rally in VT. Are you going? If you missed it the info is here: Concours Owners Group 2011 National Rally

Also, we have a club, called COG (Concours Owners Group) which you can check out here: Concours Owners Group - Member Benefits. If you join put me down for a referal so I can get a chance to win a rear shock for a C-14.

Welcome back Corrie... not telling me anything I don't know about the heat and that bike but if you live down here you find ways to make it better and I have.