• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FNG here!

mjohncrg4207

Hey everyone,

New member here from Northern Minnesota's Iron Range. I've been lurking around the forums since around April when I bought a retired coworkers 2012 Concours. He's owned it since new, but it was a year and a half old I believe when he bought it. It had around 43,500 miles on it when I bought it, and I just rolled over 45k about a month ago. I had to take a leave of absence for that time after getting a severe infection in my RH middle finger (Pyogenic Flexor Tenosynovitis caused by a strep infection) that required surgery.

Knowing the previous owner, I have no doubts it was meticulously maintained, and the records that came with it as well as in the owners manual reflect that. It came with a PD rear box, aftermarket windshield as well as the original, reupholstered Corbin seat as well as original, a new set of tires as well as a set of around 50% good tires on it. It also had a Shorai battery and charger which I just had to replace, but I went with an Earthx ETX24C. Oh, not to mention a used Aerostich Darien jacket and a newish pair of riding boots. I think I stole it at $2,500 with everything....

Since I bought it, I've added a dedicated USB/USB-C charger and 2" pullback risers which I've found makes the ride far more comfortable. Most posts I've read have said it makes low speed response more difficult, but I've found the exact opposite. At all speeds it seems I can just touch the handlebar and it'll turn.

So to summarize, I love this bike and I'm glad to be back on it!

Thanks for reading!

Yes sir you stole it! That means you've got enough left over to upgrade to a full membership.😉 😁

FNG here! New member here from Northern Minnesota's Iron Range.

All I can say is, Aww s___. There goes the neighborhood.

OK, ok, Ohhhhtay, I admit it. I'm just kiddin'.

Welcome John.
You're gonna like it here.
Come ride with us!

Now, get that Puppy Flashed and you'll really feel some low-speed response!
** (and medium speed, and high speed, etc etc etc,,,)

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:

FNG here! New member here from Northern Minnesota's Iron Range.

All I can say is, Aww s___. There goes the neighborhood.

OK, ok, Ohhhhtay, I admit it. I'm just kiddin'.

Welcome John.
You're gonna like it here.
Come ride with us!

Now, get that Puppy Flashed and you'll really feel some low-speed response!
** (and medium speed, and high speed, etc etc etc,,,)

Ride safe, Ted
Certainly been pricing those out and reading the reviews on which one to go with! For the time being I've got a couple issues that need to be addressed before I add anything else, mainly a parasitic draw... Oh how I love electrical 🙃